Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 Fiat 500x has 2 codes for the check engine p0441 and p0420. We got the catalytic converter fixed and the code is still coming up. Also after the weather temp gets above 90 degrees and you turn the a.c. on it runs rough. Cuts out when accelerating. Hesitates. Acts like it has bad gas. We changed the plugs. The fuel pump. The catalytic converter. Air Filter. Oil regularly. Put lucas fuel injector cleaner in it. Had the coil packs checked. Nothing is helping. Any ideas?

·
Registered
662 Posts
I would guess there could be a vacuum leak (a bad hose or air filter not seated). This could trigger fault codes.

The P0441 is an error for the Evaporative Emissions System. https://www.700r4transmissionhq.com/p0441-fiat-500/

If you live in CA, the above may be covered under warranty. Hopefully you had your Cat-Conv replaced by the dealer. Those have an 8 year warranty and almost never fail in 3 years.

This video explains what can throw the p0420 code. However, if there is another problem (such as the Evap System) it can dump enough bad exhaust that that code can be triggered.

Personally, I'd take it to the dealer for a diagnostic. My dealer is excellent in diagnosing these problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts