Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to buy a 500e, choice between two one was originally sold in Canada and the other California, does it make a difference? The one from Canada only has 10k miles and the one from California 14k miles, both are about the same price, just didn't know if it made a difference?

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,864 Posts
None were originally sold in Canada. It has only ever been offered new to lease or buy in the west coast states. All years are mechanically identical, but consider the YEAR of original sale, for 4-year & 8-year warranty purposes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just out of curiosity how much are you paying for a 2017 Fiat 500e? Also the mileage difference is negligible, however the one from the cold weather climate would most likely have more charging cycles logged on the battery. Cold weather reduces range by 40% so you would probably want the one from California. Although extreme heat is not good for the battery either...

Not sure if the dealer would let you connect an OBD tool to check the battery health. As Electric Tire Shredder said- you probably want to check how much time is left on the warranty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They have 11 of them there is a Orange one I like with 25k miles for $8500, the lower miles one around 10k makes me wonder if they were in repair shop more often, this forum is so helpful

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
433 Posts
$9000 is crack pipe money lol. You can find 2017 e all over Cali for less then $7k

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
433 Posts
They have 11 of them there is a Orange one I like with 25k miles for $8500, the lower miles one around 10k makes me wonder if they were in repair shop more often, this forum is so helpful
Or the people used them as the cars there were designed for, city cars. Kinda hard to log 12-15k a year driving in town unless you work for Postmates, DoorDash and the likes. If you just used the car like people use bicycles or scooters in town it’s hard not to see it having low miles.

OR like some dealers around here have left overs from a year or two of unsold units. Sometimes that is why so little of miles, and some were demo cars that was for test drives so some have super low miles but a few years old.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yes but in FL it is about right actually lower than most places
Then I need to scoop up all the cheap e around here and sell them to Florida. The e around here are worth almost as much as dirt. I’ve seen them for as low as $4k all the way to 10k but most sell around these parts for $5000-$6500

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My daily commute is 22 miles each way and 12 of the 22 miles would be at 70 mph, and no charge at work but from what I read I should be fine, I am going to have ChargePoint Flex installed in my garage. Going to make drive once before I buy though

·
Registered
433 Posts
My daily commute is 22 miles each way and 12 of the 22 miles would be at 70 mph, and no charge at work but from what I read I should be fine, I am going to have ChargePoint Flex installed in my garage. Going to make drive once before I buy though
You don’t really need to you could just plug in the factory Fiat charging unit to 240V and you’ll have a full charge by morning. It will charge from 0-100% in about 7-8hrs but of course you’ll prob never gonna be at 0% hopefully. I’ve gotten 50% charge in like 2hr40min

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You don’t really need to you could just plug in the factory Fiat charging unit to 240V and you’ll have a full charge by morning. It will charge from 0-100% in about 7-8hrs but of course you’ll prob never gonna be at 0% hopefully. I’ve gotten 50% charge in like 2hr40min
So helpful, did not know that, will save $700, I am having a 240 outlet installed which plug should I have put on outlet?

·
Registered
433 Posts
So helpful, did not know that, will save $700, I am having a 240 outlet installed which plug should I have put on outlet?
Well You can go to ways on this one you could install a dedicated to 40amp outlet in the garage of your choice Nema 14-50, 10-30P, or whatever to future proof for EV use or you could do what I do is I just plugged it into the dryer socket in the garage using an adapter. As a hint I would use whatever socket that is most popular used for electric vehicle chargers that way you don’t have to fiddle with adapters in the future if you do have to install a charging unit. Right now I have a nema 10-30p to Nema 5-15 Adaptor pigtail I got off Amazon. No most newer homes don’t use that type of socket (nema 10-30p) but since my house was built in the 60s that’s the type I needed. So if you have a spare dryer outlet somewhere near where your car could be you could use that socket most people these days have gas dryers anyways so it’s not really used much. You could also run a extension of the socket is a lil ways from your car. Also you can pick up spare chargers from Craigslist or eBay many also support 240V L2 charging I have a spare from a Toyota that works in 240v as well it actually charges a little faster then the Fiat charger.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes but in FL it is about right actually lower than most places
I paid $8700 for my 2017 with on 7400 miles a couple months ago. Carmax had one listed for $12k with similar miles at the time. You can get them at auction for $6k, but no test drive, as is, auction fees and $1300 to ship across country. So I felt it was a fair price to pay to avoid the hassle. Those in or nearby CA obviously can get them cheaper.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just so you know, the picture you are showing above is a PLIS NEMA 14-50P With Handle to 6-50R 125/250V 50 Amp 1.5FT Welder Welding Dryer EV Charger Power Cord Adapter Adaptor Connector Connecter. It is not a NEMA 14-50P to NEMA 5-15R. A person usually needs to build their own or buy from a small specialty shop.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Just so you know, the picture you are showing above is a PLIS NEMA 14-50P With Handle to 6-50R 125/250V 50 Amp 1.5FT Welder Welding Dryer EV Charger Power Cord Adapter Adaptor Connector Connecter. It is not a NEMA 14-50P to NEMA 5-15R. A person usually needs to build their own or buy from a small specialty shop.
He claims to not have a 240 plug yet I’m just giving an example what I’ve used to adapt from the 240 to 120 socket so he can use the fiat original charger. And since he does not have a 240 if he’s getting one installed I was suggesting him to get the more popular 14-50. But if you want to see the exact model that I bought for my specific application here it is.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,864 Posts
My daily commute is 22 miles each way and 12 of the 22 miles would be at 70 mph, and no charge at work but from what I read I should be fine...
That should be fine, especially if it's not super-cold, extremely hot, &/or with a bunch of sub-7mph braking on the slower part. In fact, it would likely fully recharge on 120V at home (1 hour dinner + 8 hours sleep + 1 hour breakfast)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That should be fine, especially if it's not super-cold, extremely hot, &/or with a bunch of sub-7mph braking on the slower part. In fact, it would likely fully recharge on 120V at home (1 hour dinner + 8 hours sleep + 1 hour breakfast)
Yes, but I work 12 hours shifts, only home 10 hours, doesnt get supper cold was 103 today most years lowest it goes is 45-55 degrees and thats just for a month

·
Registered
433 Posts
Then oem fiat charger on 240v would work very nicely. It would top up all of the range in a few hours.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts