Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Abarth with a cold start misfire, after 3-4hrs of being stood it runs smooth for 2 seconds then it starts to misfire, it lasts for approx. 2mins then it runs smooth again. Coils and plugs have been changed, it's been to Fiat 3x, they tell me it needs a loom, and it will cost $1500 as there is a piece of plastic broken where the coil plugs in on the loom side.
I've checked the loom and its fine other than the broken bracket and honestly their knowledge of the car is poor from the questions I've asked them.
I think it's to do with the valves not opening properly on cold start but i have no experience on this engine, has anybody seen this issue? before I strip the cyl head.
The oil and filter have been changed and is the correct grade.

· Registered
1,170 Posts
No codes?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
only code is showing misfire on no3. it's the only one that comes back once cleared which makes me think its more mechanical, i will try the injector cleaner just in case it's just a build up before i strip the top end.

· Registered
1,170 Posts
Are you using factory coils and plugs? You check carefully the connector on number three? No oil on top of valve cover driver’s side right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts