1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver)
216 Posts
I wonder where all these automakers are sourcing the batteries as there is only a handful of battery makers that are able to meet demand at a mass scale. A123, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, and Amprex

Tesla definitely has a advantage here as they make their own battery packs and cells so they don't rely as heavily on a supplier, when ever car maker jumps on board to EV I think lots of them are gonna be overwhelmed with orders that might be short in supply to build the cars.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I wonder where all these automakers are sourcing the batteries as there is only a handful of battery makers that are able to meet demand at a mass scale. A123, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, and Amprex

Tesla definitely has a advantage here as they make their own battery packs and cells so they don't rely as heavily on a supplier, when ever car maker jumps on board to EV I think lots of them are gonna be overwhelmed with orders that might be short in supply to build the cars.
There are several news articles that the Audi e-tron production is being limited due to battery supply issues. Tesla made a good move when they decided to produce their own batteries.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver)
216 Posts
There are several news articles that the Audi e-tron production is being limited due to battery supply issues. Tesla make a good move when they decided to produce their own batteries.

Right now I'm just getting my feet wet with the Fiat 500 electric but I have my heart set on the electric Volkswagen ID4 Crozz when it comes out. I would have preferred their ID3 but they're not bringing it to America I like small 4 door hatchbacks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts