Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for a thread on removing the interior trim to access the 3rd brake light (top of hatch). The plastic trim did not seem to want to pop off, like I expected. Suggestions?

·
Registered
898 Posts
I looked at my 13 for you. There are two screws under covers. Remove those. Now pull away from the glass in the center of the cover, in order to bow it enough to disengage the end fasteners. Be careful. Pulling straight out at first thinking it was a different type clip broke one of my push in posts.

Attachments

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, I use one of my mini screwdrivers to pull the 2 plugs, remove the 2 screws, and then the end clips are those pictured. I assume the dealer was able to supply the push-in post, after it broke?

I am glad I asked before jumping in. Thank you.

I assume the center brake light's wiring is accessible after this. I want to check if there's clearance for a flicker module for the center brake light.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I believe there will be room to affix it below the cover somewhere.. When you remove the black cover the light assembly is screwed on by two small Phillips that I could see, and wiring is accessible. I only just broke my post now when checking how the cover mounted. Par for the course might mean I need the whole hatch door to get the post,lol. Nah, I can probably find it in the Dorman HELP! Parts section. It still holds lightly. I have been interested in adding a module and was more than willing to risk a failure to sort this out for going forward.
Good luck.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
898 Posts
Your sure welcome. I could have been more specific and meant to take more pics but ugh, it was hot out there. Yes a small flat blade to remove the caps and then a Phillips under each. The lamp is attached to the cover when it is removed and will hang by the loom so hang on. Thanks for the links.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, installing the flasher for the 3rd tail light was a bust. The units work OK in testing, but the car must shut power off, when they are installed.

At least I know how to remove the upper cover now. It's tricky to align the clips on reinstall... the first time.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, there I go. Art from Madness contacted me. The 15+ Fiat's CAN system prevents us from installing a flashing 3rd light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts