Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a set of 4x100 wheels that I can get for $250 but I suspect the offset is +42 based on the manufacturers website.

Specs are 4x100 16x7, don't know the bore size

These would be project wheels, I need to know if it will fit, but doubt it. Wheels look like this:

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Offset might be a deal breaker. You could space them out 5mm.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Offset might be a deal breaker. You could space them out 5mm.
I knew you'd be the first to chime in,lol. If I have to space them out then it's not worth it. I had about 10 mm space between the shocks and the rim on another car, no issues. According to a online calculator, it says 11mm to the inside and 1mm out. The bore size is another consideration. The rims are mint and it would make me a sad panda not to get them.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I think the Comptetizione's are 37mm ET @ 7.5 inch wide. You might be ok with the 42mm. Will they allow for a test fit in the rear. That's the only place you'll have issues.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the Comptetizione's are 37mm ET @ 7.5 inch wide. You might be ok with the 42mm. Will they allow for a test fit in the rear. That's the only place you'll have issues.
He said he has a jack if I want to try them.

I just found another option, not the size I wanted but a decent price.

4 Konig Feather rims in black with tires mounted and balanced 4x100, I believe the offset 38 from my research

Tires are 4 Nankang NS2 Summer Performance Tires 195/50/15
11.9 lbs
$450 OBO
These are tempting because of the weight and the tires are included.

http://www.konigwheels.com/Konig-Home/Konig-Passenger-Wheels/FEATHER-BLACK

·
Registered
76 Posts
+42 is not much at all lol... so this is how offset works :: The size in mm is the distance between the centerline of the wheel and the actual plane hub mount where the wheels bolt on ... offset can range from positive to negative , for instance a rim with a low positive offset like +10 or number in the negative offset like -5 have a deep dish...: a +42 will work on the fiat no problem ..:: my stance rims i have are +26 offset which would pose a greater problem but they still work .. no problems :) if u have questions or dont understand message and i will try explain further

Etu::

·
Registered
856 Posts
Evil, can you just explain about how to read the offset here? it would be great for some of us like me.. I never tried something that's not factory size... I always played within the factory wheel size.. But that wheel is looking very good! Lorvar! (first one.) =)

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
offset is sometimes on the rim, sometimes it's not. If you have the rim, you can measure the rim through measuring the backspace. Start with measuring the rim from lip to lip (this number is typically 1" larger than the actual rim mounting width) and divide that number in 2.

Then lay a straightedge across the rim and measure from it to the mount surface on the wheel hub. This number is your backspace measurement.

Now deduct the lip width/2 number from the backspace number and that is your offset. If the number is a positive number, then you have a positive offset. If it's zero, it's a zero offset, if it's negative, then negative offset (FWD cars are never negative offset, so the numbers you see are typically positive numbers).

To convert the inch number to metric, multiply your number by 25.4.

Example:

17x7" rim (manufacturer spec)
lip to lip = 8"
backspace = 5 9/16"

1/2 lip to lip figure:
8/4 = 4

5 9/16" - 4" = 1 9/16" offset

1 9/16" = 1.5625

1.5625 x 25.4 = 39.69, round it up and it's 40mm

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
+42 is not much at all lol... so this is how offset works :: The size in mm is the distance between the centerline of the wheel and the actual plane hub mount where the wheels bolt on ... offset can range from positive to negative , for instance a rim with a low positive offset like +10 or number in the negative offset like -5 have a deep dish...: a +42 will work on the fiat no problem ..:: my stance rims i have are +26 offset which would pose a greater problem but they still work .. no problems :) if u have questions or dont understand message and i will try explain further

Etu::
I read +40 is the max

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
lovar,

regarding the relationship of where your tire wil be relative to your wheel well, the 195 tires on a 42mm offset rim will sit 2mm further in than the stock 185 tires on your existing rim.
If you went to 205 tires, then you would be 3mm further out toward the wheel well.

considering there are people using 205 tires on 40mm offset rims regularly on the fiat, i don't think locating your tires 2mm further in is going to cause strut / inner fender rub issues.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lovar,

regarding the relationship of where your tire wil be relative to your wheel well, the 195 tires on a 42mm offset rim will sit 2mm further in than the stock 185 tires on your existing rim.
If you went to 205 tires, then you would be 3mm further out toward the wheel well.

considering there are people using 205 tires on 40mm offset rims regularly on the fiat, i don't think locating your tires 2mm further in is going to cause strut / inner fender rub issues.
I just put my Prima sport rims back on today and I still think they suit the trim of the car the best. Little shine, little black and a little red.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
sport rims are sexy...

·
Registered
313 Posts
+42 16x7 will fit no problem, it should only extend 6mm more than a stock sport rim...

I'm the one attempting to git +17 offset I should be worrying not you haha

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've given up on those rims, the Prima wheels are fine. Besides, I spent the money on a axle back exhaust, lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts