Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Most dealers give you your first change free anyway. Since forward care was nixed, I'm going to change mine myself. Even if it takes me an hour, it beats the 2 plus hours at the dealer.

·
Registered
207 Posts
if you have free main (before it was cancelled) you will have to pay for changes more often than they pay for, but you can have them done, certainly.

if you take a lot of short trips where the engine doesnt fully warm up, 5,000 mile changes make more sense, but if you do 60+ percent highway, 8,000 miles should be no problem.

·
Registered
13,459 Posts
Fiat49, its all about your driving habits, when the car will ask for its oil change. Mine went off around 3,700 mile. The Service department will tell you the same thing.

·
Registered
794 Posts
The manual says, in bold letters (or maybe all caps), not to exceed 6 months between oil changes. Yes, yes, I know; seems meaningless to have huge interval distances but drag us in every 6 months. I've had my car for one month, exactly today, and I've got less than 600 kms on it. It's not exactly going to be filthy oil when it comes out. And I do drive it long enough to get the oil hot enough to evaporate any moisture.

I suspect if you ask the dealer, they'll say to bring it in when you've had it six months.

·
Registered
207 Posts
hmm, my light came on at 2,600 miles first time around.

I guess I never took into account it sees my driving habits..

·
Registered
207 Posts
Modern cars are very smart now.
I prefer the dumbness and simplicity :/

at least ive got the e30 325 for that too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts