Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local salesperson told me that they'll knock $500 off the price of a 500 if you opt out of the scheduled maintenance coverage. Anyone heard the same thing???

·
Registered
289 Posts
A local salesperson told me that they'll knock $500 off the price of a 500 if you opt out of the scheduled maintenance coverage. Anyone heard the same thing???
I opted out of forward care. I live in Canada and we don't get it. Where is my $500 bucks?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sounds like BS to me.
Why does it sound like BS to you?
Its a fact:

At the time of sale, the customer must complete the "Owner's Choice Customer Selection", which is an acknowledgement giving them 2 choices: #1. Maintain Standard Coverage (Forward Care), or #2. Waive standard coverage in Lieu of $500.00 applied to purchase price.

The standard features of the Forward Care are:
- Free scheduled 3/36 maintenance (including wear items i.e. brake pads & rotors, clutch, wiper blades)
- First day rental and 5 day rental allowance
- Trip interruption
- Enhanced Roadside Assistance (lockout service, flat tire service, out of gas/fuel delivery and battery jump assistance).

By selecting the $500 alternative program, the customer acknowledges their eligible FIAT vehicle is covered by the 4 year / 50,000 mile Basic Limited Warranty and the vehicle has towing only, due to a defect, covered under the Basic Limited Warranty and are not eligible for the additional features of Forward Care as outlined above...

For dealers and others with access, this is bulletin # 2011 - 005, dated October 5, 2011.
BC.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Opt out

I didn't know about this. I might have opted out. The reality is that forward care is a few oil changes and some insurance. Those other things (brakes, tires, etc) are unlikely to wear out in time to warrant free replacement.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Honestly, its better to have it.
Its everything for that first 36k miles.

Oil and oil filters.
Air filter.
Spark Plugs.
windshield wipers.
Rotors and brake pads.
Clutch.

Everything.

Its more aimed at those people who live in Rugby, ND who's nearest Fiat dealer is pretty much a days drive, and they are planning on buying all the bits they need for their car from the local Napa anyway.

If you live near a dealer that has its own shop on premises, you're better off taking your car there for services. If your Studio forces you to go to a nearby Chrysler dealer full of greasy monkies, then you might want to think it over a bit.

Free servicing for 36k miles isn't something to give away for a quick $500 discount.

BC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts