Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These cars are impossibly small for the amount they hold.

This morning I was on my way to a 5k with my wife and daughter and a bunch of gear. The area around the race was packed full of people - several thousand in a street-parking only area. We were searching with the masses for a place but I knew I had the advantage.

I came to a tiny place but a Honda Fit was trying to get into it. My wife said, "go around him, he's got it" but I knew he wasn't going to get that Fit in there. I waited, he made a badly-aimed backup attempt into the place, decided it was too small and pulled away. I swooped in and in one quick back-and-forward maneuver was perfectly in the place, with a good three feet at either end of the curb, tucked up tightly (but not too tightly) against the curb.

A FIT - not exactly a big car - gave up on a place that was a single-swipe go for the 500. And all three of us were in it, with our stuff. Awesome.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Yep - these cars are awesome. I was in NYC today. There was an impossible small parking spot that nobody could get into not even the Mini Cooper. I zipped right in and saved myself the cost of paying $40 bucks for NYC garage parking.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I park only on corners, or at least 95% or more of the time and I snug up to the curb w/o touching it of course and it always looks so odd to see what seems like so much extra space left over, figure a few motorcycles could share the space and everyone would still have some room. Maybe I'll snap a pic sometime, a Smart parks nearby me often, bigger guy owns it and turboed it to 130HP (he claims, no clue though honestly).

·
Registered
856 Posts
Fiat CAN park literary anywhere, everywhere.
But I hate it when other cars who parks next to me keeps park over my parking space...
It's a harassment!! LoL

·
Registered
13,466 Posts
For a small car, it does have a lot of space in it. I do wish the rear seats would fold down flat. I'm so use to owning small cars, and parking in small places.

·
Registered
181 Posts
the 500 is smaller than the mini but the interior has a lot more room.
i sat in a mini at the detroit auto show and in order for me to be able to fit in the car, the front seat was almost touching the back seat.
in the 500, i can sit comfortably in the font seat and have someone sit behind me. wouldnt recommend it for a long ride, but hey it works.

·
Registered
588 Posts
These cars are impossibly small for the amount they hold.

This morning I was on my way to a 5k with my wife and daughter and a bunch of gear. The area around the race was packed full of people - several thousand in a street-parking only area. We were searching with the masses for a place but I knew I had the advantage.

I came to a tiny place but a Honda Fit was trying to get into it. My wife said, "go around him, he's got it" but I knew he wasn't going to get that Fit in there. I waited, he made a badly-aimed backup attempt into the place, decided it was too small and pulled away. I swooped in and in one quick back-and-forward maneuver was perfectly in the place, with a good three feet at either end of the curb, tucked up tightly (but not too tightly) against the curb.

A FIT - not exactly a big car - gave up on a place that was a single-swipe go for the 500. And all three of us were in it, with our stuff. Awesome.
Thanks for sharing! and hope the 5K went well!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yep - these cars are awesome. I was in NYC today. There was an impossible small parking spot that nobody could get into not even the Mini Cooper. I zipped right in and saved myself the cost of paying $40 bucks for NYC garage parking.
I parked mine on Clark St during a busy Saturday night. As we were leaving, someone in a 5-series was waiting to take my spot. My gf looks at me and says "Does he seriously think...?" "He'll work it out" I say as I'm pulling away. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.