Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 461 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or the Madness exhaust without the resonator sounds AWESOME!
I really wanna get it..

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Just you, lol. I don't see the big deal for 400 bucks.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Sorry, add $59 for that resonator delete(no hp increase) which has to get welded on and add another $75 for labour.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well,it's the least expensive everything else is $600 to $1200 which is nuts.and I gave up on HP when I left my MKV GTI for the FIAT lol

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Get one made for less. You don't need to delete the resonator, it's pretty free flowing. Mine has no muffler and is plenty loud when you push it, but quiet while cruising.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heard the the muffler delete option. It just sounds a little unrefined if that makes any since :p
And you can hear the difference in the sound in the madness video between with and without the Res.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would love to get one made but there is no guarantee to how it's gonna sound!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Heard the the muffler delete option. It just sounds a little unrefined if that makes any since :p
And you can hear the difference in the sound in the madness video between with and without the Res.

Mine is unrefined, lol

·
Registered
650 Posts
Mine is unrefined, lol
Woah, hold up! Is that your Fiat I'm seeing in the video???...

I took a spin in that very car less than a week ago. :D

My favorite exhaust for the 500 so far:

I've had trouble figuring out who produces/sells it. Akrapovic makes a titanium exhaust, but it doesn't sound like the one heard in the video...

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Woah, hold up! Is that your Fiat I'm seeing in the video???...

I took a spin in that very car less than a week ago. :D

My favorite exhaust for the 500 so far:

I've had trouble figuring out who produces/sells it. Akrapovic makes a titanium exhaust, but it doesn't sound like the one heard in the video...
Not my car, but the same place (Daytona Auto) and the same exhaust. My parents know the owners and family of that car.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I would love to get one made but there is no guarantee to how it's gonna sound!

Considering you can get it done for well under $200.00, yeah I'd go with that option...oh wait..I did :) The Magnaflow is a straight through design that takes out much of the unwanted (IMHO) tones and leaves the deeper tones. No more restrictive than a straight pipe, and sounds better...BAM!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really wanted to do one of the universal magnaflow mufflers as I did in my previous cars looked and sounded great, but fiat had to do an offset inlet and outlet just to screw with me!!

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Guys at RRM where saying that a direct muffler delete / straight pipe will not have enough back pressure and will loose torque??? Sent from my Argento 500
I spoke with them some time ago and another member did as well, when I spoke with that member he stated the same info I got which was removing the rear muffler wouldn't create a problem and would be a good option as the 500 is already designed with a pretty free flowly exhaust. Now for the Abarth it has been stated by Fiat they have a free flowing non restrictive exhaust as well so perhaps so do the non Abarth 500s. Not sure who you spoke with but I know who I talked with and who the member here spoke with as well and he and I were told no problems with dropping the stock muffler so someone is sending some mixed information. :(

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
1 - 20 of 461 Posts