Fiat 500 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 461 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Several did the rear muffler and left the res in place and it is pretty loud so as of doing both or removing the res and leaving the rear muffler I don't know of anyone that wants that much loud from their 500, at least not as of yet. Be interesting though to hear if anyone ever does make a go of it.
That's not what I meant, I meant to remove the Res but leave the stock muffler on.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
That's not what I meant, I meant to remove the Res but leave the stock muffler on. Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Re-read my comment, I covered both aspects including the one you refer to...hence this part of my comment... "removing the res and leaving the rear muffler", think removing the res would make it too loud. ;)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Re-read my comment, I covered both aspects including the one you refer to...hence this part of my comment... "removing the res and leaving the rear muffler", think removing the res would make it too loud. ;)
Would it be louder than the madness muffler without the res?

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Would it be louder than the madness muffler without the res? Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
I can't be certain but I would imagine it might be a little louder, the Madness muffler seems to create a bit more of a deep resonance rather than the buzzy loudness of stock components. Might check with 500Madness directly to see their thoughts and what they have done when installing exhausts of there own or customers.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Im inclined to think that you're right. That's why I want the madness one so bad, trying to talk myself into the $399 price tag :p

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Im inclined to think that you're right. That's why I want the madness one so bad, trying to talk myself into the $399 price tag :p Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Good luck convincing yourself then...hehe, does have a nice tone from the madness setup. :)

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
wonder if res delete stock muffler improves any performance though Sent from my Argento 500
Doubtful from what I have heard/read, the 500 exhaust is fairly open as is so I wouldn't expect much if any change except for the very large increase in noise.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
wonder if res delete stock muffler improves any performance though

Sent from my Argento 500
I gave up on any significant/noticeable power increase unless I'm planning on dumping around 3grands in it! :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Ok folks, pulled the trigger and placed an order for the Madness Muffler. I figured I deserved a treat :) now the waiting game.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Gonna go without. If I'm gonna go for it, I'm gonna go all the way ;)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Pix and video as soon as I get it on. Gotta find a cheap installer.

Btw, how much should it cost at a muffler shop to replace the res with a straight pipe?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Pix and video as soon as I get it on. Gotta find a cheap installer.

Btw, how much should it cost at a muffler shop to replace the res with a straight pipe?

I think your priority is to actually get a shipment first. Straight pipe? Stainless? $70-$90. I wouldn't do it, it's a waste. Watch out for those bumpers, I hear they melt.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Not stainless , just good old local muffler shop material not sure what they use.

41 - 60 of 461 Posts