Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go Stephen! Go!

Stephen Dudley (the owner and driver of the FIAT 500 Targa) has just notified us that he and his 500 MADNESS Sponsored FIAT 500 are now competing in the "Special Stage" of the Newfoundland Targa Rally.

Stephen is sending us updates as the race progresses. Here is the latest picture of the car as it enters the "Special Stage" part of the race:

We wish Stephen and his team all the best! As the team updates updates us with their progress we will post updates.

Information on Targa Newfoundland:

Owned and operated by Newfoundland International Motorsports Limited, Targa Newfoundland is one of three internationally recognized Targa motorsports events in the world. The 10th annual Targa Newfoundland will start in St. John’s on Saturday, September 10, 2011, and end back in the capital Saturday, September 17. The competition will cover more than 2,000 kilometres of the challenging, twisty roads of the central and eastern portion of Newfoundland, including up to 450 kilometres of closed-road, flat-out Targa stages.

·
Vendor
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Can we get some detailed information of what mods have been done to this car by chance?
Sure,

We disclosed it on our site earlier, but I do not mind reposting it here. Here is the list of items that are installed on the car:

MADNESS Edition Lowering Springs
Sprint Booster
Upper Brace Bar
Pedals by BLACK
Cold Air Intake by Competizione
SILA Concepts Performance Brake Rotors
SILA Concepts Stainless Steel Brake Lines
SILA Concepts Wheel Spacers and longer wheel bolts
MADNESS Edition Custom Gear Shift Knob
Custom Valve Caps
ScanGauge
Custom Graphics
Custom Racing Seats
O.Z. Wheels
Safety Gear
Abarth EU Bumpers
Stripped out interior
Rally Lights
Custom Exhaust

I am going from memory, so my apologies if I forgot something.

·
Vendor
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh I sent Amen to your shop abt the Cross Blade. He says today or tomorrow he will stop by.
It was great meeting you Triumph when you stopped by our shop.

Funny thing about Amen. Rachel actually me him at a show a while back. He has called our shop and we will do what we can to assist him.

·
Vendor
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the list! I haven't actually seen any real world reviews of the Sprint Booster and I am curious how much difference there is between it and the ECU upgrade module/chip from RRM. Anyways, thanks!
If you are debating whether or not you should get a Sprint Booster the best thing I can tell you is that we offer it with a 30 day money back guarantee. Try it and if you do not like it return it within 30 days for a refund. The only cost to you would be shipping.

I cannot say anything about any product offering from RRM since we do not offer their line and have not had the opportunity to try any of their offerings.

·
Vendor
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Video - 500 MADNESS Sponsored FIAT 500 Racing in Newfoundland

We were just sent a link of our fellow 500 Rally Driver Stephen Dudley racing his 500 MADNESS Sponsored FIAT 500 through a residential part of the Rally.

The rally has different stages. On some of them the cars are able to run flat out and on some of the stages the cars must travel through residential areas. During that time they must obey all speed laws.

This portion shows Steven going through a residential area so he must not exceed the legal speed limit.

We wish Stephen the best of success! Go Stephen! Go!

Here is the link to the Video:

http://youtu.be/7d99OvPyBag

·
Registered
108 Posts
We are sponsoring a new driver this year Daryl and his co driver Grant at the Targa Newfoundland Rally that is taking place in Canada! Here are a few pictures from the event.

Here are some of the upgrades we have done to the ABARTH
Brakes
Suspension
Engine module
Throttle module
Intake
Wheels
Bracing
Short shift kit
MADNESS ABARTH shifter
Exhaust
MADNESS hid kit

and a number of other items we will update later with more pictures and videos

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Some questions...

Which brakes, suspension, engine & throttle module, intake, exhaust?

Also, if this is a race car...why add the HID which adds weight and unless being driven during the night does not seem a need for a "race car".

Otherwise, cool stuff. :)
Maybe they are respecting the forum rules by not coming on here to name each product.;)

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Maybe they are respecting the forum rules by not coming on here to name each product.;)

I assumed it might be their own products but if not then I thought it worth asking...could still offer the unit brand, TMC or MM and why add the HID setup at the least, if the rest is all their own I'd have thought it'd have been said as the specifics were added for a few products.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts