Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We all know Euro cars have great "personality", and much of that is influenced by little quirks the cars have.

Any owners here notice any small, oddball characteristics of your car? I'll contribute two:

1. My horn doesn't sound when I press either of the little trumpet emblems on the left or right side of the steering wheel hub. The only place it'll sound is if I press along the top of the chrome ring.

2. You know how the rear wiper comes on if the front wipers are on and you put the car in reverse? It won't come on if you put the car into reverse first, then turn the front wipers on.

Please note, these aren't complaints, these are more along the lines of idosyncratic aspects of the car.

Please feel free to contribute yours.

Ryan

·
Registered
765 Posts
You missed the radio quirk most seem to find, if you have any music on the USB stick, the radio will...of its own free will, decide at some point to switch from the CD, or Satellite or AUX that you are listening too, and start playing a file off the USB stick...just because it can.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keep 'em coming!

Mike -- I missed that because I have an early Pop with no Blue & Me, so the USB port on mine is there for decoration only -- dead as can be. My accessory jack works just fine, though. :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
I just discovered one thing: someone brought his laptop nylon bag and scratched the dashboard with it. It's sort of delicate, I had to use some polish and wax to fix it. It looks better now, though.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

Keep 'em coming!

Mike -- I missed that because I have an early Pop with no Blue & Me, so the USB port on mine is there for decoration only -- dead as can be. My accessory jack works just fine, though. :)
Hi,

Its interesting that your car has a port but its not hooked up. I don't have Blue&Me either, and there is no USB port at all in my car.

Regards.

Pat

PS. Sorry for getting off track

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's where it is. It appears the accessory jack and the USP port are a single unit, so I have one even though I don't have B&M.

Another quirk - my analog speedo and my digital speedo don't agree. They're off by about two mph. I think this is a software flash fix from the dealer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Triumph - your headlights are automatically on when you drive? Mine aren't, just the two running lights are.

Ryan
I will add a couple more. Sometimes while driving the rear window washer squirts water all by itself. I can see it running down the back window while driving. Here is another good one. While driving close to a police radar setup my EVIC will make a tone and in the display will come up "off engine" and the red water temp idiot light will come on. But the car isnt overheating. I had this happen and to ensure I was right I turned around and went past the stationed police car twice and it did the same thing twice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That is odd I have seen videos where this is the case... cars driving with only the running lights on. All my lights are off unless you turn them on...:confused:
You can make the DRLs come on with the menu/esc button next to your speedometer - press once or twice until "menu" appears in the middle, then press "+" 3 times to get to DRLs (or whatever they call it, I forgot in the three seconds it took me to get from the car to the computer), then if you press menu again you should be able to select on or off - if on, the DRLs are on all the time you have the car on.

If they're set to "off", they only come on when the headlights are on, and there's no option I'm aware of to just have them on at select times (like with the headlight control), and I wouldn't recommend trying to do all that menu button stuff while you're driving! :eek:

Michele

·
Registered
160 Posts
You can make the DRLs come on with the menu/esc button next to your speedometer - press once or twice until "menu" appears in the middle, then press "+" 3 times to get to DRLs (or whatever they call it, I forgot in the three seconds it took me to get from the car to the computer), then if you press menu again you should be able to select on or off - if on, the DRLs are on all the time you have the car on.

If they're set to "off", they only come on when the headlights are on, and there's no option I'm aware of to just have them on at select times (like with the headlight control), and I wouldn't recommend trying to do all that menu button stuff while you're driving! :eek:

Michele
Luckily , the menu button has almost no functionality while the car is in motion. Makes as much sense to use it as texting while driving. That's why they put the button on the stalk to manage trip info.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm new to forums. Don't even know if this is the correct way to get in but I will try. Purchased my lounge on the 28th of June and love it. I have one problem and no seems to be able to help, I cannot pair my b&m with my verizon samsung reality phone, has anyone else had the same problem or know how to get it done, very frustrated right now.
Dean

·
Registered
48 Posts
Couldn't pair my wife's Verizon Samsung after multiple attempts. Dealer rep said these phones don't work with Fiat's B&M. Verizon wouldn't swap out phone without $$$, so we'll wait and get compatible phone with service renewal in a couple of months.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts