Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo, got my Azzurro sport back in mid-January, have almost 500 miles on the clock. I've been posting on fiat500usaforum and just found out about this forum there, today so thought I'd join.

I ride a Triumph Bonneville (790cc, British) and a Genuine Stella (150cc, Italian-designed, Indian-built), and my wife and I have shared a Mazda 5 Sport (M/T, of course) for the past couple years; she's driving it now that I have the Fiat. We decided it's time for a second car because I have to get my daughter to the bus in the morning and my wife has to pick her up after, so one car was getting to be a challenge. My daughter loves that she can sit in the front seat in the Fiat!

my wife and I both agree that if you're not shifting the gears you're just pointing, and so the clutch is an absolute must on any motorized vehicle - anything not available with a manual is automatically off our list.

I like small engines - the displacement of my three motorized vehicles (150+790+1400=2340) add up to the displacement of my wife's Mazda (2.3 Liters), which itself is a pretty small engine.

I only see one other Fiat around my neighborhood, a beautiful pearl white one that occasionally passes us on the River Road on its way to the University, I think.

So far my only mod is that I've put on a BLACK gear shift knob. I'd like to get a short shifter, I think; I'll probably put in a high-flow filter. We'll see where things go from there, though this is primarily a low-mileage city car for us so it probably doesn't make sense to do much to it.

Anyway, hi!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I was listing displacement, not output! I've never had anything dynoed but official (at the crank) hp figures would be 10+62+101 = 173 hp for me and 153 hp for her Mazda. My vehicles have slightly better power-per-liter but we're talking low power all the way around!

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Sorry, I was listing displacement, not output! I've never had anything dynoed but official (at the crank) hp figures would be 10+62+101 = 173 hp for me and 153 hp for her Mazda. My vehicles have slightly better power-per-liter but we're talking low power all the way around!
Right on, I'd be ok with a lot more power but even these smaller rides can be fun. I'd love to see somewhere around 200HP for the 500, good round number that'd work well for my driving habits. ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
my wife and I both agree that if you're not shifting the gears you're just pointing, and so the clutch is an absolute must on any motorized vehicle - anything not available with a manual is automatically off our list.
I WISH more people thought like this. Welcome to the boards I think youll fit in nicely here :)

Oh and congrats on the car. Funny enough I was just driving an azzurro sport 5spd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts