Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone..

OK, so i followed all the instructions for setting up my eco drive USB and when i plugged it in after 5-7 days worth of driving.. it doesn't read any of the data. The steps said something like plug it into the car, start the car and wait for it to initialize, etc.... how do I even know its initialized? I've heard some 500's had dead USB ports.. I just wanna make sure I didn't miss a step, because Im getting about 420/430 km (267 miles) out of a tank and I wanna know what exactly is happening..cause that doesn't seem right at ALL.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Did you set up the memory stick on your pc first?

Also do a search. There's probably 10 threads about ecodrive

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
The car will prompt you, Eco is on when the flash card in inserted in the USB slot. She will say Eco on. You may have to hit the VR button, and tell her to turn on. Then take a reading for 5 days, and pull up the info on you computer.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
first, you have to set up your thumbdrive on the ecodrive site. then plug it into the car and it should do its thing all on its own. if you leave it in and drive with it for several days, the car will tell you when you need to remove it. then go to your ecodrive ap and plug in your thumbdrive. the computer will do everything else.

if your car has a USB port, its active. there were some early Pop models that did not have a USB port, but none that I know of had them and were 'dead'.

as someone mentioned, there are several ecodrive threads.......pick your poison! :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts