Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 5-Speed Sport in late October, didn't start driving it until November, and to this very day only have about 3200 km on it, it even still smells new. Im taking it by my dealership (who says they can do a trade in as a demo?) to see what I can get towards an Abarth. This is my first car and obviously the first time I'm doing a trade in... should I be cautious of anything, or get it detailed before?

Thanks for any help!

Meg

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
If it's that new, I would just wash it and vacuum it out. Did you put money down on it? You'll get hit with some negative equity for sure. If you have more than one Fiat Studio in your area, check with both. See who offers the better deal.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I was offered 14K for my Pop, so you should do at least 16.5K. Anything less, and go somewhere else

·
Registered
188 Posts
I went to the local Fiat dealer and they offered $13,500 for mine with 4800k on it. I told them to **** no and walked out! They said that the resale value is less because of the current incentives and rebates...

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
You'll lose 2-3 grand anytime you trade in a new car. You should have just waited. You'll have to pay sales tax again too on top of that. Might get a better interest rate, that could make up the difference. No free Fiat service anymore too. That adds up.

·
Registered
289 Posts
You will do way better if you sell it private. I know it's a pain but if you trade you will loose around $5000 is my guess.

·
Registered
188 Posts
You'll lose 2-3 grand anytime you trade in a new car. You should have just waited. You'll have to pay sales tax again too on top of that. Might get a better interest rate, that could make up the difference. No free Fiat service anymore too. That adds up.
Right now they are offering 0% for 60. But your right, no free service does add up in the long run...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I was offered 14K for my Pop, so you should do at least 16.5K. Anything less, and go somewhere else
I went to the local Fiat dealer and they offered $13,500 for mine with 4800k on it. I told them to **** no and walked out! They said that the resale value is less because of the current incentives and rebates...
Right now my dealer is selling the bare bones pop for $13.9K bran new off the lot.

·
Registered
582 Posts
You'll have to pay sales tax again too on top of that.
You do have to pay tax on your purchase but you also get a tax credit towards your trade in so that's the least of his worry. The current incentives up here ARE killing trade in value and currently the $2500 discount will continue through February. It's possible that they will drop it for March if not maybe April but there's plenty of time. The Abarth is not expected in Canada until after April anyways.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK went to see the dealer today. They offered me....12,500 for the trade in. Kind of insulting seeing as it has 3300 k on it and, smells brand new and is only driven to and from work right now. They also said that right now they don't have the 1.99% finance plan that Ally (I'm in Ontario btw) offered before, so the interest rate would be 4.99%. The cheapest monthly payments they were gonna offer me were 411. Im kind of surprised..am better off going to another dealership, or trying to sell my Sport privately?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I read pirate sale. Arrrrrrrgh!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts