Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I drove by the dealership in the town I work in to see a 500 Sport on the lot. No price or anything in the window. I've already got a 500 so I'm not really looking around; don't want to see a better deal than what I paid. So this morning I was putting the paper out in the recycles and I noticed on the back page the car I looked at was listed.

Used 2012 Fiat 500 Sport
auto, sunroof and cruise control
22 000kms
ONLY $19 900

Is it just me or is this ridiculously overpriced??

Only 20 grand for a used 500 with 22 000 kms??

Maybe I just don't know what a sports worth being the owner of a pop?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
sport sells for 2 grand over the pop here in the lower 48

·
Registered
175 Posts
This sounds like it may be a loan pay off. The MSRP for a Sport with sunroof and auto would be over 20k. If the buyer didn't put any down, they could conceivably still owe this much.

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide Free app.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was looking online for a used Sport and found one of the Prima editions. The small dealer had it listed for $17,995. A similarly featured new one would be around $19,000 here. I called and he said he could let it go for $16,500 and that a new sport would list for $22,500. When I called him on that stating that the Abarth listed for $22,500 he tried to tell me this was basically an Abarth. I thanked him for his time and hung up. Hopefully someone else doesn't get conned by this guy.

·
Registered
513 Posts
In Indianapolis there's a Sport loaded no Sunroof with 15,800 miles & custom interior & graphics for only $17,000. GREAT CAR, I know I put those miles on it myself! Miss it but lovin' the ABARTH!

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Overpriced, indeed I think when you look at the fact it is the same car with slightly different interior and exterior stick on parts you certainly pay an overly high cost for a Sport compared to other models, as for holding their value, my Sport (that I paid too much for...hehe) has less than 8K on it and cost me nearly 23K and the dealer told me I could trade it for an Abarth but they'd give me about 15-16K, 7-8 months and under 8K miles on the car and it is worth $7K less, not holding too much value I feel.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was looking online for a used Sport and found one of the Prima editions. The small dealer had it listed for $17,995. A similarly featured new one would be around $19,000 here. I called and he said he could let it go for $16,500 and that a new sport would list for $22,500. When I called him on that stating that the Abarth listed for $22,500 he tried to tell me this was basically an Abarth. I thanked him for his time and hung up. Hopefully someone else doesn't get conned by this guy.
He isnt wrong... it is BASICALLY an Abarth... its all about how you define "basically".
Both have 4 wheel disk brakes
Both have the 1.4L engine
Both are 2 door
Both are 500's
Both have front bucket seats with rear folding bench seats...

:p

·
Registered
52 Posts
He isnt wrong... it is BASICALLY an Abarth... its all about how you define "basically".
Both have 4 wheel disk brakes
Both have the 1.4L engine
Both are 2 door
Both are 500's
Both have front bucket seats with rear folding bench seats...

:p
Yes, and from a certain point of view Darth Vader did kill Anakin Skywalker. Sorry, just my geek side stepping out.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
it is ultimately worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

..and trade in offers have more to do with how far a customer is willing to bend over and get scr**wed.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
My local dealer had two used sports when I bought mine. They were around 16k and each had less than 1000 miles.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts