Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

So I just replaced my standard 15" wheels on my Pop Cabrio with standard 16" wheels from the Sport model.

However, I read that there are some adjustments that would need to be made, so that I don't run into problems with suspension, with wrong reading of speed, etc. (I did notice that my GPS accuses the car as being 1km/h faster than the car's speedometer).

I also noticed that the gap between the tires and the wheel arches seems to be a bit taller than it was with my 15 inch wheels.

So what exactly I would have to do to adjust that? And is it expensive (I'm thinking if will it be easier to just sell the 16" wheels and buy 15" wheels from the lounge model, for example).

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
No, you don't need to adjust anything. The speed reading should be within tolerance (there's not special calibrations done between Pop, Sport, and Lounge). OD of the 16 with OEM size tire is slightly smaller than the original 15" with OEM size tire, so the wheel arch gap should reflect that, though I don't really think you'd notice... So, no, if the gap is something that you want to get rid of, you have to lower the car, beyond that, there's nothing to change.
https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=185-55r15-195-45r16

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
No adjustment. The 500, will handle 15” 16” wheels no issues.
I’d stay with the 16” wheels and tires. Looks better, better handing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
OP,

Only way you'd run into that problem is if you installed the wrong size tires for your 16in rims. Make sure they're 195/45/16.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi !! I did the oposite, I changed my 16" wheels from my 2013 Sport for a 15" from pop version, could someone share a picture like the above to know the correct inflation pressure please?
My mechanic told me the pressures are the same: 35 psi front, 30 psi rear.

That's what I've been following for the last 5 years...

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have Sport Wheels on my 2012 Pop with zero modifications required.
BC Racing Coilovers finished the setup with 195/55-16 tires for comfort.
I’ve tried all of the lower sidewalls. Post pic of your setup when you can.
IMG_0966.PNG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts