Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed my 3rd tail light was completely non functional the other day when my wife took the car. Seems this is not an entirely uncommon event in the 500c as I found several other references to it in forums. Be aware there is no indication the light is not working, no dash warning etc. From what I have read the wiring in the top is getting crimped or otherwise damaged when the top goes up and down. Took a look, mine has a really tight 180º crimp that may be the culprit. Off to the dealer next week for a looksie.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Yup, I posted the issue two weeks ago. They had to order a new wire harness that was cut.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I will have to keep a look out for this. I just got my 500c pop this weekend, is there a chance the dealer did something about this already, or do I just keep my eyes peeled?

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I will have to keep a look out for this. I just got my 500c pop this weekend, is there a chance the dealer did something about this already, or do I just keep my eyes peeled?
Not a C owner but I doubt it has been addressed at this point and seems to be random, probably best you take a look and occasionally take note of changes and potential changes that may lead to the same problem. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts