Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,,thanks for accepting me ,,
I'm thinking about buying a 500c abarth,,
I'm looking to see if any owners on here can help.
My main concern is that it won't feel like a full blown cabriolet,,or more like a car with a large sunroof
I'm used to a full cabriolet (beetle) and hubby's alfa spider
Thanks In advance
Janey

·
Registered
41 Posts
My wife and I love ours. I have owned many convertible sports cars and this type feels like a convertible to me. Also nice to have the option of using it like a sunroof.
I love Miata's but at 6'4" tall I cannot fit. This Abarth C has a ton of headroom, I can look "through" the windshield and the chair height seats are great.
Only negative is a blind spot looking over your shoulder on the road and backing out of parking spots.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife and I love ours. I have owned many convertible sports cars and this type feels like a convertible to me. Also nice to have the option of using it like a sunroof.
I love Miata's but at 6'4" tall I cannot fit. This Abarth C has a ton of headroom, I can look "through" the windshield and the chair height seats are great.
Only negative is a blind spot looking over your shoulder on the road and backing out of parking spots.
Thank you ,really appreciate that 😀

·
Registered
88 Posts
It won’t feel like a full blown cabriolet. Versus my proper drop tops, my Abarth cab has the opposite visibility challenge.

On most convertibles, visibility is awful with the top up and great with the top down. On the Abarth/500 cab, it’s the opposite. Granted, the c-pillar blind spot is there regardless of the top position, but the rear window becomes the roof blocking rearward visibility. It’s genuinely disconcerting changing lanes with the top down, I’m worried I’ll merge into someone on my right.

Having said that, I still would get this over the fixed roof version. Open air motoring is truly the experience to have here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts