Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had ours for a month and I've noticed when the car is off and I just sit there, the cabin seems noisier. Could it be that the top is not sealing correctly? It always sounds like the window is slightly open and in fact I'm always reaching for the window switch to make sure the windows are closed before I get out.

Anyone?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
same here. I think the top is sealing fine. I think the top is bad at sound deadening. You don't hear it as much with the car running because other s_hit is making noise.

That's my science background paying off. Bask in it.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
same here. I think the top is sealing fine. I think the top is bad at sound deadening. You don't hear it as much with the car running because other s_hit is making noise.

That's my science background paying off. Bask in it.
I'm going to go to the dealer and sit in another one, lol. Yes I'm OC and proud of it.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Soft tops always allow more noise intrusion into the cabin. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mines the same way, sounds like a back window is open but it's the top.
This is exactly what it sounds like. I actually look over my shoulder to see if the window is open only to realize I'm not in my sedan.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have been riding motorcycles and shooting gun's all my life. I can't hear anything when sitting in my 500C with the engine off.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been riding motorcycles and shooting gun's all my life. I can't hear anything when sitting in my 500C with the engine off.
Are you even sure when its on or off? Lol

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I have also been shooting motorcycles and riding guns. I've also bounced my helmeted head off some pretty solid objects like streets and mountains.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yup, I close the roof and it still sounds 'open', almost no noise protection at all. Didn't notice it on the test drive. It's funny how quiet the car seems when driving with the roof up or down in comparison.

I also got a cold weather rattle/creaking of the dash. When it's cold out it has a little more wiggle room I guess and is a non-stop noise maker. Really annoying. Thankfully, until I can bring it in it stops after a minute of having the heater on! Never saw that in a car before.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have also been shooting motorcycles and riding guns. I've also bounced my helmeted head off some pretty solid objects like streets and mountains.
Who would have guessed?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
This past april I slid my head and face all over route 610 in Spotsylvania.

It's ok though, my helmet kept me beautiful.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
My ducati had non-repairable boo boos.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
At least you walked away from it. Man, I love bikes but won't ride one now that I have kids. Don't want them to see me hurt in any way. They're too impressionable at this young age.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I walked away on a stretcher. :p

I hear you on the kids thing. My pain was secondary to my little one being worried about my boo boos. That's murderous on the heart.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Looks like you lowsided into the dirt.

What's non-repairable about your 900SS?
Doesn't look that bad, honestly.

I've fixed worse.
You should have seen what my Hawk GT looked like after I avoided hitting an idiot in a Camry that pulled a u-turn from the opposite direction of traffic directly in front of me back in '05.

I fixed that one back up in about a month's time.

BC.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I lowsided on pavement courtesy of my dumbass leaving the kick stand down. Bike ended up in a field. I did 4 or 5 somersaults on pavement before stopping. I was going 45-50mph.

The bike had fairing damage, clip on damage, tank damage, and a slightly bent subframe. The insurance company totalled it. I was going to buy it back until I saw what the wrecker did to it. The ratchet strapped it down to the bed over the seat and on the kickstand. Not before leaning the non damaged side on another car and drug it up the bed.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

I've had a couple moments of unpleasantness when I've discovered that I had left the kickstand down. Luckily, none of the them required me meeting the pavement.

What are you going to replace the 900SS with?

I love my 848, and my gf loves her 696.
Hawk GT sits in the back of the garage waiting for the day I spend some quality time replacing her front cylinder head gasket.

BC.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I have a 2011 Z1000

1 - 20 of 21 Posts