Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys and girls
Can anyone help me, we have just bought a new lounge 500c in bossanova White with the red roof,
We own a bodyshop and have colour coded a set of side mouldings and the mirror caps red pearl mica and laquer
My question is how do we carefully remove ,paint and then re fit the roof spoiler/brake lamp holder?
Thanks for your help
Mike and Tracey Godfrey

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
You might try asking 500madness.com as they sale after-market spoilers, I want to say they just use 3M though so carefully using a heat gun and some fishing line might be the best option. I cannot recall if there is a screw in the center but I figure you'll be able to tell once you begin removing from the sides. Also, congrats on the car and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
You might try asking 500madness.com as they sale after-market spoilers, I want to say they just use 3M though so carefully using a heat gun and some fishing line might be the best option. I cannot recall if there is a screw in the center but I figure you'll be able to tell once you begin removing from the sides. Also, congrats on the car and welcome to the forum.
its a convertible, the liner has to come off

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
its a convertible, the liner has to come off
Sorry, I was thinking of someone else that had removed theres here on the forum awhile back that was not a vert, I read it and thought about it before I posted too, but then I was looking for some info on it and in that short time neglected to recall the vert portion of the statement. Again, my apologies.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys ,
Thanks for the welcome,
I was hopping someone might have had to change the l e d lamp portion of the rag top roof spoiler and know how to do it without me blindly trying to strip the headliner?
Is anyone a fiat body technician?
Thanks for all your help again
Mike and Tracey godfrey

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Hi guys ,
Thanks for the welcome,
I was hopping someone might have had to change the l e d lamp portion of the rag top roof spoiler and know how to do it without me blindly trying to strip the headliner?
Is anyone a fiat body technician?
Thanks for all your help again
Mike and Tracey godfrey

Not a tech, but my harness leading to the light was cut and the dealer had to remove the liner. If you don't feel brave attacking it, let the dealer do it. Sometimes you have to pay to play.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts