Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
500e La Prima Cabrio 2022
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The geolocation screen appears when I turn the car on and asks for an 'OK' which I oblige, and then the screen goes black. I have to switch it on again by pressing the console volume.
Fiat here (Israel) are clueless - I'd be happy for a solution.
Micah

·
Registered
20 Posts
I get the same screen at start up. (never actually known what its for?). If I ok it the next screen is a welcome Jim and if ok it it goes into home mode. I generally ignore both screens and when I select drive or reverse it automatically goes to the home page.
There are many bugs still to be sorted by Fiat (see 500e bugs and quirks), I am finding here in the UK (south west) the dealers and technicians are not up to speed and Fiat very slow at issuing software updates. Found Fiat customer service not very helpful to date suggesting when a new bug appears I stop and call breakdown service to get car transported to dealer - ridiculous especially as many bugs correct themselves when car shut down and restarted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get the same screen at start up. (never actually known what its for?). If I ok it the next screen is a welcome Jim and if ok it it goes into home mode. I generally ignore both screens and when I select drive or reverse it automatically goes to the home page.
There are many bugs still to be sorted by Fiat (see 500e bugs and quirks), I am finding here in the UK (south west) the dealers and technicians are not up to speed and Fiat very slow at issuing software updates. Found Fiat customer service not very helpful to date suggesting when a new bug appears I stop and call breakdown service to get car transported to dealer - ridiculous especially as many bugs correct themselves when car shut down and restarted.
Thanke v. much! Wife steals the car every day drives to work and back 100 miles leaving me with her lumbering Ioniq. Must be something about 500e does it.
Used to be the welcome screen came on after OKing the Geolocation screen insead of switching itself off. Its a hassle becuase you want to set your phone nav destination and onto the screen before moving off and without having to be in gear with foot on brake to do all that. I'll try your advice tonight, but even if it works it doesn't solve the problem, its just a work-around.
Also used to be one press of the on button brought the 'Ready' - now its become 2 presses. One long press does not do it either. Reset to default in settings does not fix them.
:confused:

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
3,888 Posts
LMAO! "Wife steals the car every day... leaving me with her lumbering Ioniq"

used to be one press of the on button brought the 'Ready' - now its become 2 presses. One long press does not do it either.
Ya the manual says one long press, but another user said 2 presses. I wonder if you can just tap it quick twice. That might take less time than the long press.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does not happen on mine here in UK and not heard of anyone elses doing it here.

I turn car on and the only think I press ok to is the profile pop up saying welcome or something that has the alien picture I chose as profile image

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The geolocation screen appears when I turn the car on and asks for an 'OK' which I oblige, and then the screen goes black. I have to switch it on again by pressing the console volume.
Micah
Tried long start button press, 2-press & 2-quick-presses. Screen still shuts down after geolocation with or without OK.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I'm not sure if you solved your problem, but if you didn't I had the same thing, I changed:
Profile> Audio Settings > Auto Radio On > On
and it now leaves the screen on after the geolocation screen.
I guess it recognises the infotainment screen as a radio, because it does not really turn the AM/FM radio on, it just opens as I left it with spotify... At least on mine it does :D. Good luck and I hope it helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Micah
Hi,

I'm not sure if you solved your problem, but if you didn't I had the same thing, I changed:
I guess it recognises the infotainment screen as a radio, because it does not really turn the AM/FM radio on, it just opens as I left it with spotify... At least on mine it does :D. Good luck and I hope it helps.
Thanks very much - will try as soon as get back from vacation next week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Thanks so much - it works!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts