Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My fuel cap of my 500e has a "ring" wich falls into a slot (does it normally gets locked tight here as well?)
This ring is now not closed, but its a "C" . I think previous owner pulled it to open too hard.

As im in europe, getting this part is a bit tough.
Is there anyone that can help me find one? (dealer new or caryard, i dont care)
I've been told these caps are a bit diffrent then the european style caps, wich is why i ask.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
2,181 Posts
As long as it stays closed with only a "C" shape remaining, the "D" shape only adds locking capacity, to stop anyone from siphoning your electrons or putting sugar in your socket ;).

It does slightly reduce the likelihood of someone vandalizing the connectors, but even with the "D" they can still break it open for that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tested locking and unlocking. The white pin comes out and locks the lid when the car is closed/locked. My guess is that the previous owner didn't know, pulled the cap, and brote the locking ring in the process.
Now, it doesnt secure anymore, and i can only guess that the electrick inlet isnt properly sealed against moisture anymore. So, i'd like to replace the cap for this reason... :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks now I have an idea what the cap should be.

I believe the white pin was connected to unlock/release pull cord inside the hatch above the audio amplifier.

Please post if source for replacement cap is located.

Possible source: fiat service.eu

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
2,181 Posts
Unless it freezes, I don't think moisture matters much, since mine has worked fine when I've opened it in pouring rain to plug in.

Yes, the locking pin is connected to that pull-cord. We were sure wishing for one of those when my friend's eGolf lock failed after 3 1/4 years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts