Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2017 500e
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I just recently bought a 2017 500e with the esport package with 49k miles on it.
After being disappointed with the stock seats, I ordered some cloth abarth seats to do a swap. Has anyone else done this swap? Are there any caveats I should look out for?
From what I understand, it should be rather plug and play. I'll post pictures later if all things go according to plan.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver)
225 Posts
Kinda wanted to do the same thing, we’re you the one who bought the $449 ones on eBay I was watching? Lol

·
Registered
2017 500e
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like it.
I'll post some pictures when I finish up the swap.
I'm just hoping they are actually heated seats like the seller claimed.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver)
225 Posts
Sounds like it.
I'll post some pictures when I finish up the swap.
I'm just hoping they are actually heated seats like the seller claimed.
Lol please do,

PS you suck I wanted those 😆

·
Registered
121 Posts
Note: I am only relaying information from a Facebook 500e owners group.

You are going to run into a small hiccup. Physically the Abarth seats will fit in the 500e and will bolt down just fine. However you will run into a small problem electrically. For whatever reason the seat heater, airbag mail/female, and seat buckle connectors are flip flopped. Unless you order special connectors, you will end up doing a 12V connector transplant from the stock seats over to the Abarth seats.

·
Registered
2017 500e
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great... Thanks for the info. I'll look into that. I don't want to modify the stock seats by cutting anything off in case I decide to swap them back or sell the stock ones. Worst comes to worst I'll make my own adapter.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Great... Thanks for the info. I'll look into that. I don't want to modify the stock seats by cutting anything off in case I decide to swap them back or sell the stock ones. Worst comes to worst I'll make my own adapter.
Better buy yourself one of those $50 electrical pick kits like I did to do custom harness jobs. Very handy for those tasks

·
Registered
2017 500e
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You mean for removing pins? That's a good idea. Though I might be able to borrow tools for that that from my work. (I work in electrical manufacturing/prototyping)
But if there are pre made adapters available I might just buy those to save time.

·
Registered
225 Posts
You mean for removing pins? That's a good idea. Though I might be able to borrow tools for that that from my work. (I work in electrical manufacturing/prototyping)
But if there are pre made adapters available I might just buy those to save time.

Yeah I used to use sewing needles and paper clips, on my Nissan's but as I moved on to Volkswagens they used alot of different connection style so I gave up and bought a schwaben kit a few years back.

·
Registered
2017 500e
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright, seats are all installed. I had no issues with the wiring harness and everything was plug and play. I think those people who had issues installing the passenger seat were trying to install 2012(I think?) or older seats in a newer car.
They changed the wiring harness at some point. Anyway, I'll post some pictures tomorrow when I can. Not enough light tonight.

·
Registered
2017 500e
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Photos after install.
These have made a huge difference in the ride feel.
I know they don't make the car actually any more stable, but they make it feel so much more stable.
So far I'm loving them. Totally worth the money.

·
Registered
225 Posts
View attachment 108445
Seats arrived!
More photos to come when I install them.
From the looks of the interior it looks like a MK4 Jetta Wagon am I correct? They are fairly rare in there parts but I saw tons of mk4 golfs and Jetta in Oregon still putting around. My fiat replaced my 04 mk4 GTI

·
Registered
2017 500e
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yup, it's a mk4 wagon.
The boring automatic 2.0l gas one, but I still love it.

·
Registered
2017 500e
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When I have a proper shop/garage to work on cars in I plan to do some pretty heavy modifications to it.
I really do love the mk4 chassis, and I can fit so much in the back.
If I can find a vr6 for a decent price, I would probably do the swap. I'll probably need to get a better transmission though. I have the 01M one, and it is having issues. Fine for daily use but it lurches into gear sometimes.

·
Registered
225 Posts
When I have a proper shop/garage to work on cars in I plan to do some pretty heavy modifications to it.
I really do love the mk4 chassis, and I can fit so much in the back.
If I can find a vr6 for a decent price, I would probably do the swap. I'll probably need to get a better transmission though. I have the 01M one, and it is having issues. Fine for daily use but it lurches into gear sometimes.
it is much easier and to modify a 1.8t though the VR6 is a tight fit and a nightmare to work on in the bay. The 1.8 has it’s odd quirks but real easy to fix and work on. I have stockpiles of extra parts in my garage lol

·
Registered
225 Posts
Well I'll keep my eye out for a 1.8t too then.
1.8t are in abundance they were used in so many applications from Jetta to GTI, Audi’s etc, you could find those for $450 from a wrecker or buy one at pick a part for $150. I’d look for the 03-05 AWP variant though they had tons of revisions. New replacement parts are abundant and very cheap.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts