Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Might I trouble you for one more pic from under the rear apron? I'd love to see how close that muffler gets to the suspension. I see now that you're using the offset to hide the muffler. I take it the opposite side has the inlet on top?

BTW, I installed an air horn in mine this evening. Nice and loud. :D

·
Registered
515 Posts
Cute boat. Capri 14.2? Where do you sail it?

·
Registered
128 Posts
VERY temporary horn install until I move the battery. Then I'll integrate it into the new air box, along with the ECU mount. Thinking about moving the stock horn to the rear and leaving that one connected too.
IMG_0844.jpg

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes, the other offset is on the top to give the inlet a nice smooth transition. The boat is an old catalina Coronado 15. I used to sail at the dam near here but they closed it to people with their own boats. must rent one of their pieces of @#%* to sail there now. I'm actually going to sell it because my wife doesn't like all the moving around when tacking. I will probably make the inlet hole a little cleaner later (it's not as bad as the close-up makes it look. right now I'm concentrating on getting some springs and tires - springs first to make sure the new tire size of choice fits.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Needs a larger second wing on top of the OEM shelf wing.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The murder lights are not extra fogs, they are 130watt apiece long distance lights I use to supplement the crappy oem high beams. Anyone getting caught in the eye with these will curse me till the day they die. I am an old off-road racer and I like to see the falling rocks on the road before I get to them, the animals and the upcoming turns. I drive mountain and canyon roads every day getting to work. Thanks MR Pickles, if I ever decide to drive this car over 100 mph and somehow find the power to do it, I will consider the wing, for now, I'm thinking Emmm maybe 2 more murder lights.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
they say 1 1/4" front & rear

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
ive been throwing around the idea of a light bar kind of like the one on the Lancia Stratos rally. i do like your positioning of the murder lights. gives me more ideas now.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
R&R says theirs are 1.3" in the rear and 3/4" in the front. I think that might make the sport a little skatty in the rear. I don't know, they all look about the same to me in the photos. (Vogtlands and H&Rs) the people I bought these from (500store.com) in texas say they believe the Vogtlands (German) are superior to all the others out there. I drove it to get gas last night and it seems no where near as harsh as I was expecting. I don't want to drive it hard untill I get the front aligned

1 - 20 of 26 Posts