Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive had to take my car in 3 times to get the side skirt replaced as they kept coming un glued...after the second time they just replaced the whole drivers skirt and low and behold its already coming un glued. Our cars come with metallic break pads so they can become "glazed" over which make the brakes super noisy, had to bring it in for the 4th time and they cleaned up the pads..not as noisy anymore but Its a little better.

And then today as I was reversing, as I pulled up on the shifter to get in reverse and it literally just exploded...the spring and the piece that you use to go into reverse pulled out!!!
a couple months ago i put on an aftermarket shift knob but the actual shifter itself was un touched..I know they will give me a hard time regarding warranty which is the one thing I hate about doing mods on new cars..
the car is at 13,000 KMS and so far no problems with the engine or anything major but the small things are starting to annoy me

·
Registered
453 Posts
How many miles before your brakes started getting noisy?

As for the shifter... yeesh! Without that springy thing, though, can you now shift into reverse at any time, or is shifting messed up all around without it?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How many miles before your brakes started getting noisy?

As for the shifter... yeesh! Without that springy thing, though, can you now shift into reverse at any time, or is shifting messed up all around without it?
My brakes were noisy probably from 5000 kms on..

Nope I can still shift fine but like you said I can now go into reverse without having to pull up on anything, very sketchy!

·
Registered
13,466 Posts
Put your OEM shifter back on. After market ??? Maybe thats the issue. Give it a try. Good luck with warranty on that.

With brakes, any car with disk brakes will make noise after a while. Pretty normal.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Put your OEM shifter back on. After market ??? Maybe thats the issue. Give it a try. Good luck with warranty on that.

With brakes, any car with disk brakes will make noise after a while. Pretty normal.
I don't see how unscrewing a shifter knob and putting on a new one would make that piece come apart, it wasn't touched or tampered with at all.
I've also never had a car with noisy brakes unless the pads needed replacing

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I don't see how unscrewing a shifter knob and putting on a new one would make that piece come apart, it wasn't touched or tampered with at all.
I've also never had a car with noisy brakes unless the pads needed replacing
We both know changing a shift knob didn't do anything, and your dealer shouldn't give you any crap either.

Sounds like your car was built on a Monday

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.