Votes: 17 50.0%

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • 87 or Close

Votes: 4 11.8%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Most Premium here in Florida is 93, but Premium in any case.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
If you buy your food at Safeway or Giant, you can get ten cents or more off each gallon. Sometimes I slide the seat all the way up and look under it on the floor, I can usually get another dollar or so rebate...

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
If you buy your food at Safeway or Giant, you can get ten cents or more off each gallon. Sometimes I slide the seat all the way up and look under it on the floor, I can usually get another dollar or so rebate...
Use Sam's Club. 3 Miles from the house. Thirteen cents a gallon cheaper than nearby competition for Premium 93 Octane. Bigger difference to name brands like BP or Shell.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Premium always, which is 91 here. I can buy 94 at some locations, but I only use that on my Volvo.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I also go to Sam's and I get 93 here. Sometimes Kroger, where we can get 10 cents off per $100 in purchases, but I usually save that for my wife to use.

91 is kind of hard to find around here, actually.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ditto.

I wouldn't by a pack of gum at BP.

I have almost run out of gas and the only station around was BP. I just kept going!
They way they conducted themselves during "The Spill" is unforgivable and they will NEVER get my business. !!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just coming up on 60 days with my 500c. Been trying a different grade with each fill-up. Can't say I note particularly better MPG using 93, but the car does seem peppier on it.

Usually fill up at Sunoco. Gone are the days, it seems, when the price difference between each grade is 10 cents or so. Jumps 30 cents from 87 to 89 (yep, 30 cents), another 10 cents to 91 and 10 cents more for 93. Can I justify spending 50 cents more per gallon on 93?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have seen no difference in my car with 93 so it gets 87 and runs perfectly fine. We do not have "bad" gas around me either so that's never been a issue. Maybe in smaller town you would want to run 93.....87 and it drives great. Most cars do not need 93 unless they are a performance type of motor or have high compression.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I have seen no difference in my car with 93 so it gets 87 and runs perfectly fine. We do not have "bad" gas around me either so that's never been a issue. Maybe in smaller town you would want to run 93.....87 and it drives great. Most cars do not need 93 unless they are a performance type of motor or have high compression.
The Miata ran 87 although it like the 500 is suggested to be 91 or above, never an issue but since I bought the 500 new with intentions to drive it daily and not go too far with mods I've been sticking with the middle grade option available to me here in my area. I suppose that could change sometime down the road but no time soon.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If I got some mods and did a reflashed ecu, id do the same run mid or 93. 87 with no mods for me and it is doing great. It's not worth spending the extra money on 93 for this car. Trust me I'm very picky about my cars. 87 gets my vote since this is a sporty economy car.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Just because something "can" run on 87 doesn't mean you should. For the few dollar per year difference why would you not run the recommended? WHY??? You'll spends hundreds on upgrades but refuse to spend the pennies on quality fuel? I just don't get that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you don't use 91+ you may want to consider using "TopTier" Fuels which have detergents and agents that are standardized by several manufactures including BMW, VW/Audi, GM, Toyota, Honda.

The most of the main fuel companies provide top tier though a couple major exceptions are BP/ARCO and Sunoco.

Chevron, Conoco, Shell, Mobil, Texaco, Exxon, Phillips 66, 76 all are.

Brion

1 - 20 of 21 Posts