Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Temperature control knob of my wife's 500c with manual A/C fell off yesterday. Upon inspection, two "teeth" behind the knob snapped and stayed on the A/C control panel.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Attachments

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is still under warranty so I am fairly confident the dealer will repair it. I just wanted to know if this was a common thing. My wife is very caring of her car so I'm sure it didn't take a lot of force to break. This is the temperature control knob, so it doesn't move much during the year.

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
The car is still under warranty so I am fairly confident the dealer will repair it. I just wanted to know if this was a common thing. My wife is very caring of her car so I'm sure it didn't take a lot of force to break. This is the temperature control knob, so it doesn't move much during the year.
Glad you are still under warranty! I don' know about being common but it is definitely something I was concerned with as stated. I really hope it isn't common, don't recall it being mentioned before now.

·
Registered
12,612 Posts
I never really liked the manual controls. They felt flimsy. That's why I op for the climate control, and it came with heated seats.

Your knobs should be covered under warranty. Good luck.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never really liked the manual controls. They felt flimsy. That's why I op for the climate control, and it came with heated seats.

Your knobs should be covered under warranty. Good luck.
True but our 500C is the pop model that doesn't come with the auto climate control nor heated seats (but I installed those by myself)
Gorilla Glue will fix that problem in the Driveway.:)
True but I checked and Fiat sells the knob alone for about $10. If it's not replaced under warranty, I won't mess with Gorilla Glue inside the car for $10.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about this! If the dealership determines this was due to a part defect, then it should be covered under warranty. Let me know if there's anything I can do to be of assistance!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Just bad luck. This definitely isn't a common issue and I doubt your wife broke it with force.

That said, the manual controls just feel cheap. I don't feel like they're badly made though; I have to move mine around a lot living up in the high elevations (cold mornings, hot afternoons, sudden fog, etc). Never had breakage.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To conclude, I took this to the dealer in combination with the jounce bumper knocking noises and steering wheel clunk and although I had to show them the TSBs, they ordered all the correct parts and fixed all the issues.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Glad to hear all of your concerns have been resolved! Please don't hesitate to reach out in the future if you ever have any additional questions or concerns.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I just found that the one in my daughter’s Fiat 500 Pop fell off and it’s just 300 miles over the 50k warranty so it looks like I am stuck having to buy a new one. Does anyone know the part number for a black manual temperature selector knob?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Contact your dealer tomorrow morn... maybe not even drive it until contacted. My Caravan was w/in the time warranty, but 600 over on mileage and they covered it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seems my warranty expired on Jan. 1 of 2019 so it cost me $20. Now I need to figure out how to get the old one out and new one in

1 - 16 of 16 Posts