Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car battery was left on lastnight the key was turned on in the car, and so the battery obviously was dead, it wouldnt crank. I didnt have jumper cables, but my cousin had this 2 in 1 battery charger thing that was also a air compressor, (on wheels) anyway so we plugged it up. And hooked it to the battery in my car and it acted weird it sparked a lil bit and i smelled something got burnt.
And now it says ABD and ESC
And now when i crank it, it says high coolent temperature stop and turn off engine. Can someone help me please

·
Registered
12,712 Posts
When you jumped started the car. Did you hook up the battery up in the right polarity. If you didn’t, you might have fried something. Sorry, it Sounds like a trip to a Fiat dealership. If the car starts, and runs, you might stop by a auto supply store. They can hook up a code reader. Pull some codes, off the cars computer. See what’s wrong with your car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My car battery was left on lastnight the key was turned on in the car, and so the battery obviously was dead, it wouldnt crank. I didnt have jumper cables, but my cousin had this 2 in 1 battery charger thing that was also a air compressor, (on wheels) anyway so we plugged it up. And hooked it to the battery in my car and it acted weird it sparked a lil bit and i smelled something got burnt.
And now it says ABD and ESC
And now when i crank it, it says high coolent temperature stop and turn off engine. Can someone help me please
I've replaced the battery three times since I got my car in 2013, coolant temp high is always the first sign the battery is low. Take the cables off and give it a full charge or take it to a local Auto parts store and have then test it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts