Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions... all electronics related, so I will keep it consolidated.

1) Is there an easy way to change playlists (ipod) without going through the voice menu? I can't seem to find any other way.

2) Is there a way to shut off the horn beep when I use the FOB to lock the doors? (not in avic menu)

3) I can't seem to pop the hatch with the key FOB... Is this an option to turn on/off somehow, or does it need to go back to the dealer?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
317 Posts
3) I can't seem to pop the hatch with the key FOB... Is this an option to turn on/off somehow, or does it need to go back to the dealer?
You can unlock the hatch with your FOB, however there is an actual handle that you need to press to open. The hatch does not auto unlatch. I'm however confused myself with one thing. You unlock the door and the hatch is unlocked automatically too. There is a separate button to unlock just the hatch, however when I use this the alarm goes off. Ideas?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I have a few questions... all electronics related, so I will keep it consolidated.

1) Is there an easy way to change playlists (ipod) without going through the voice menu? I can't seem to find any other way.

2) Is there a way to shut off the horn beep when I use the FOB to lock the doors? (not in avic menu)

Thanks in advance.
same prob here. I think that's for non alarm people

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Registered
1,780 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Number 1 can't answer, don't have an Ipod (probably an age related thing).

Number 2 - In a word NO.

Numbe 3 - The hatch will unlock IF you unlock ALL doors or if you use just the hatch button, however, as someone else has pointed out you have to reach under the chrome piece and physically release the hatch before it will open. It will NOT 'pop' open by pressing the key fob.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts

Thanks in advance.

Fadelight:

I agree with NHFiat500 regarding the locking and unlocking of the doors and liftgate. This is what I was able to find:

[h=3]To Unlock The Doors And Liftgate[/h] Press and release the UNLOCK button on the RKE transmitter once to unlock the driver’s door or twice, within five seconds, to unlock all doors and the liftgate. The turn signal lights will flash to acknowledge the unlock signal. The illuminated entry system will also turn on.

[h=3]To Lock The Doors And Liftgate[/h] Press and release the LOCK button on the RKE transmitter to lock all doors and the liftgate. The turn signal lights will flash and the horn will chirp to acknowledge the signal. If a door is ajar the turn signal lights will flash at an increased rate and there will be no horn chirp, this is to indicate that a door is still ajar.

It appears that the audible sound (horn) cannot be disabled because it is needed to informe the owner that the doors are closed securely. If they are ajar, there will be no horn sound.

As far as the Ipod playlists, as well as going through the voice menu to change playlists, you still should be able to do it manually through the radio controls.Please reference your User Guide or contact your local studio if you need further assistance or to rule out any potential defect within the system.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've read the manual while searching for an answer on playlists, and the info pertaining to the iPod is scarce at best. That's why I asked here. Ill have to keep searching for some way to disable the horn. The beeping is unacceptable as I work nights and I come and go at really odd times. A beeping horn in a quiet but crowded neighborhood will get my new car egged in no time.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I've read the manual while searching for an answer on playlists, and the info pertaining to the iPod is scarce at best. That's why I asked here. Ill have to keep searching for some way to disable the horn. The beeping is unacceptable as I work nights and I come and go at really odd times. A beeping horn in a quiet but crowded neighborhood will get my new car egged in no time.
The horn issue has been mentioned many times and thus far no one has any solution to offer, perhaps you can use the key during late hours instead? I know it isn't the answer you are wanting but it is the only one at this time that will certainly work and if you truly feel your car will be damaged in any way I think one worth utilizing until a solution, if there ever is one is made available.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another interesting thing I've found is that the Blue & Me doesn't "officially" support ad2p, so there is no way to run the voice from google navigation (phone) through your bluetooth... HOWEVER - If you are running google navigation and you initiate a phone call, voice directions WILL play through your stereo during the call. Odd.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Another interesting thing I've found is that the Blue & Me doesn't "officially" support ad2p, so there is no way to run the voice from google navigation (phone) through your bluetooth... HOWEVER - If you are running google navigation and you initiate a phone call, voice directions WILL play through your stereo during the call. Odd.
I find myself wishing the phone would run audio through the car, hadn't yet realized the play through while using Nav and taking a call. I should add I would prefer it use the bluetooth to transfer the audio for NAV to the stereo, and I use either TeleNav or the Google Maps implementation included with my HTC EVO 3D phone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts