Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday night, when I arrived home from work, I turned my 500 off as usual, but then realized I wanted to finish hearing the story then ongoing on the radio. Forgetting momentarily that I could just hit the radio power button, I turned the key back to the on position and heard the rest of the story. When it was over, and I was about to leave the car, I saw a message in the speedometer display. This is where I usually see the day and date, and if the temperature is cold enough a warning about icy roads. It said, "follow me". I had a camera in the seat beside me, and thought I'd take a picture of the message since it was the first time I'd ever seen it (and the message made no sense), but by the time I got it ready the car had completely shut down and the message was gone. I don't know if anything preceded the words "follow me" because I wasn't looking at the speedo while sitting still in my driveway. Has anybody else seen this? What is it?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I don't know if anything preceded the words "follow me" because I wasn't looking at the speedo while sitting still in my driveway. Has anybody else seen this? What is it?
This has actually been addressed elsewhere, but the message indicates that you 'pulled' or 'lifted' the turn signal stalk after you turned off the key. It acts like a headlight shutoff delay. The EVIC displays the 'Follow Me' message. It also displays how many seconds they will stay on starting with 30 sec's for each 'pull' of the turn signal lever (stalk). Someone else found maximum time to be 210 seconds. This must be done each time after turning off the ignition and before exiting the car if you desire to use the feature.

Reactions: ed_bltn

·
Registered
38 Posts
That is a feature where if you pull forward on the light stalk within 2 minutes of turning off the car it will allow you to have the headlights on for 30 second to i believe 240 seconds depending on how many times you pull the stalk. Basically it is so that you can light up your path to a door or down an ally when you leave the car if you need to have light.

Brion

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the response! I did not realize I had lifted the stalk, but I'm sure I might have. I did not know of this feature at all. The words "follow me" still seems like a really weird choice. Seems like "h-light delay" would have been better...

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Funny I mention that the 500 does this to someone and they replied along the lines of it being cause it is a chic car and they wanted to make sure they have plenty of light so no one jumps out of the dark and attacks them...it's 210 max and a cool feature, follow me for the msg being a bit odd or even cute suits the car well.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Funny I mention that the 500 does this to someone and they replied along the lines of it being cause it is a chic car
European cars have been doing this for years - that someone can't be much of a car fanatic. Next they'll be freaking out about parking lights - how when you leave the turn signal stalk pulled to one side the turn signal light stays on for that side.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Funny I mention that the 500 does this to someone and they replied along the lines of it being cause it is a chic car and they wanted to make sure they have plenty of light so no one jumps out of the dark and attacks them...it's 210 max and a cool feature, follow me for the msg being a bit odd or even cute suits the car well.
If you walk behind the car when the 'follow me' is activated you will note the tail lights are lighted but NOT the tag light...just another quirk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts