Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
So $4955 less than a Cooper S and $5380 less than a GTI.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I wonder how much the 17's will run? I wonder what the 16's look like? I wonder how easy it will be to get out of my Ally pseudo lease?

·
Registered
777 Posts
I knew I should have waited.....

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I wasn't really expecting it to start that low, my first initial guess was $26999 which seemed steep but $23,995 is not too bad at all!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was at the Montreal Auto show last nite. They have a Grigio Abarth on the floor. A Chrysler exec told me the car fully load ie:17",stripes, seat upgrade, sunroof, sat radio.....etc would be 30K plus tax.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
The price sounds great, but I certainly wouldn't want a bare bones model. The sticker on my Sport was over 22k, but it has every options except the nav. An equivalent Abarth would definitely be pushing 30k+.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
The price sounds great, but I certainly wouldn't want a bare bones model. The sticker on my Sport was over 22k, but it has every options except the nav. An equivalent Abarth would definitely be pushing 30k+.
I have to agree, I have said since I got here and first commented on the Abarth price it is likely to be nearly or at 30K once optioned in a manner I'd want to own it...my Azzurro Sport was also just over 22K coincidently enough.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Working at a dealership, options can add up quickly . Like others have said, once you get it optioned out with a couple of things you'll be pushing 30 K with taxes and all of that

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd get a bare bones model and rip out everything but the drivers seat. Ok, maybe I need a sunroof.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'd actually like to see some pictures of regular bare-bones Abarths without any options. It's hard for me to judge when the only shots I've seen are the souped up black/white models that have been shown everywhere.

Given that the red racing stripes and side mirror accents are an option, I woulld like to see a plainjane model.

In addition, anybody know what the regular 16-inch wheels look like? Is it the European ones seen here? http://www.motorbeam.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/fiat_500_abarth_wheels.jpg

I believe all the press shots show the either the 17-inch forged aluminum hyper black or glass white wheels.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
In addition, anybody know what the regular 16-inch wheels look like? Is it the European ones seen here?
Similar, but not the same. Lifted from the 'other' 500 Forum:

Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Tire Spoke

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have an Abarth brochure from the Montreal auto show. I will scan it at work on Monday and post the scans. List basic package and option packages.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have an Abarth brochure from the Montreal auto show. I will scan it at work on Monday and post the scans. List basic package and option packages.
Well, the official Fiat Canada already has the listing for what comes standard and what comes optional. I'm just curious what it the model looks like for the standard edition with absolutely nothing optioned.

Similar, but not the same. Lifted from the 'other' 500 Forum:

View attachment 1278
Ah, thanks for that. I think it definitely looks better than the European stock wheels, though I would still say I would definitely have to upgrade to the 17's.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I went to the Montreal auto show today and saw the Abarth. It's incredible in person. The little thing looks so aggressive. The seats are wonderfully comfortable and the steering wheel and shifter have a great feel. I noticed a few small differences between the Sport model they had on the floor and my earlier model.

Unfortunately, someone tried to close the hood with the little kick stand in place. They bent the hinge and the hood was all out of whack.

My trip was just about 450km total. Averaged 6.8L/100km (35mpg) mostly highway with a bit of city. It was dark on the way back and the radio was on. I neglected to notice I was driving in 4th gear on the highway for over an hour.... stupid stupid:mad:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
It was dark on the way back and the radio was on. I neglected to notice I was driving in 4th gear on the highway for over an hour.... stupid stupid:mad:
ROFLMAO! It's just another indication you're only human.:)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts