Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I had a strong feeling the abarth here in Canada would hit the 30 K mark. The base cooper S is about 28500 here so with taxes and stuff its around the $31000 range..the Abarth wont be much cheaper than that considering performance will be on par ( or exceed ) the cooper S

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think a lot of people are going to be in for sticker shock on Wednesday and let down by very limited available options.

I have lowered my expectations and probably will not be getting an Abarth.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Yeah I agree my expectations are Not super high.
Im guessing 160 hp through a 5 speed tranny with limited options and if the "tuner option" is in fact a reality then you will have to pay a high premium.

What I REALLY am excited about is to see if abarth/mopar will offer any real performance parts for our 500's. If I could get a dealer installed supercharger for my prima I'd be one happy camper

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah I agree my expectations are super high.
Im guessing 160 hp through a 5 speed tranny with limited options and if the "tuner option" is in fact a reality then you will have to pay a high premium.

What I REALLY am excited about is to see if abarth/mopar will offer any real performance parts for our 500's. If I could get a dealer installed supercharger for my prima I'd be one happy camper
Some Abarth parts could be in my Sports future.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Yeah the only way I'd consider getting an abarth is if it was around the 24k Canadian range and I don't see that happening at all. And plus even with an exhaust and intake upgrade Its made my prima a blast to drive so if I could get my hands on an abarth supercharger that's all I'd need

·
Registered
582 Posts
The article states that the ESSESS in Australia is $10,000 more than the standard 500C putting the Aussi standard 500C at $29,000. Considering the 500C in the US is $19,500 we should still see a decent price point. Also, we are not getting the convertible version so we can assume it will be $10,000 more than the Sport which is $17,500. Also, my guess (hope) is that in NA it won't be $10,000 more anyways. There is still hope...Wednesday can't come too soon.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The article states that the ESSESS in Australia is $10,000 more than the standard 500C putting the Aussi standard 500C at $29,000. Considering the 500C in the US is $19,500 we should still see a decent price point. Also, we are not getting the convertible version so we can assume it will be $10,000 more than the Sport which is $17,500. Also, my guess (hope) is that in NA it won't be $10,000 more anyways. There is still hope...Wednesday can't come too soon.
I think they're comparing a top of the line Lounge at $29,000. Mine was $24,400 or something like that plus taxes. This is the Abarth SS. I think this says the regular US Abarth is about 29,000 which is a nail in the coffin of the US market. This car CANNOT be more than 24,500 in order to compete or it's lights out.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi,

I think that's an important point to make. The OP was about a Cabrio version, not the hardtop, so I'd suspect there to be a bit of a difference in costs between the two.

Pat

·
Registered
582 Posts
The reveal was pretty good, I liked the contrast they showed with J-Lo Gucci on one end leading into the Performance Abarth on the other. It was strange how it just ended abruptly with an Abarth logo on the screen, I was checking if there was a feed issue or something. I loved the commercial with the sexy Italian woman, it was well done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.