Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i live in windsor which is across the river from detroit, so i went to the autoshow today and got up close with the abarth, gthey had 3 abarths there. 1 gray, 1 black and 1 red.the black and red one were on the platform so you couldn't get up close but the gray one i sat in. very comfortable seats. couldn't open the hood because they took off the hood latch i guess so ppl couldn't look at the engine.but the interior is amazing, very very nice. the steering wheel feels awesome very ferrari like feel.the boost gauge is nice and big. rims were nice brakes looked really good.the gray one had red seats in it. i like the all black seats myself. looking at the abarths upclose i'm buying a red one. the black looks nice but that red got me today.leg room was very good and i'm 6 foot.head room was good i felt very comfortable.seats were very plush not hard like some sport seats. clutch felt nice the gears felt a lil long for me maybe cuz my current car has a short shift kit. but i was very pleased with what i saw.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Did any of them have the 16" wheels? If so, did you take any pictures. Also, do you remember if the Red interior had Red or black rear seats?

Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i didn't take any pics, the only coloured seats are the front if the seats are red in the front the rears are gray or black. if the seats are black in the front the rears are gray or black aswell. no 16" rims all the cars had the 17". the had the 3 abarths, the gucci, the sport,pop. and the titanium.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Appreciate the quick response. Seems odd that the Red has black in the back although that's the way the Euro Abarths are as well.

Either the 16" wheels are so awesome that if they actually showed them, no one would spring for the 17"s, or they truly suck. I'm hoping for the first 'cause unless the 17" are reasonably priced, I'm going for the 16's. Again, Thanks.

Cheers

·
Registered
225 Posts
Or c) They're still waiting on them from the supplier... and that's entirely possible.
True, but for the Detroit show, you'd think they'd have some prototypes to stick on there. After all, there's a picture of them in the brochure.... certainly they wouldn't expect us to buy something that exists only in photoshop? Silly question, of course they would... that's why they have all those exclusions in tiny print... usually on the back cover ;)

Cheers

·
Registered
350 Posts
But if they're having issues with the supplier and aren't confident they'll be available in the quantities they need at launch, I'd imagine they wouldn't want to get any MORE pictures of the car (especially when pricing was set during the weekend) and have people asking "what about the wheels I saw at Detroit?"

·
Registered
222 Posts
Good to hear - that's probably the same setup I'll be seeing at the Philly show in two weeks. I'll make sure to take some pics. Best part is the new Mini Roadster will be there too, so I'll be able to compare them. :D

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Auto show + no pics? What?!?!? :confused: Doesn't everyone have a phone or camera these days?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya i had my phone but i'm not that kinda guy that stands out front of the car and snaps pics. we all know what they look like, i just went to sit and look at the inside in person.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I'm the guy who tells my wife to take pictures of the Fiat girl and I in the back seat of the Abarth. In return I take pictures of the Fiat girl locking lips with my wife on the hood.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm the guy who tells my wife to take pictures of the Fiat girl and I in the back seat of the Abarth. In return I take pictures of the Fiat girl locking lips with my wife on the hood.
So you're that guy I always see security dragging out! I've always wondered what he does... :)

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
So you're that guy I always see security dragging out! I've always wondered what he does... :)
Dont be fooled, they just drag us to the Chrysler booth and throw us in the back of van so we can all fit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts