Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is failing the inspection due to sensors not ready. The tech at the dealership thinks (and I agree) that the car's ECU must have been flashed at some point, which I guess would have happened during a service (maybe when that recall happened), and the drive cycle hasn't been completed yet. The exact same thing happened to me with a completely different car a couple of years ago, when i kept adding hundreds of miles, even trying to follow their OBD drive cycle instructions, with no effect. In the end, I took that car to the track and whipped the **** out of it and that's what completed the drive cycle and let me pass the inspection.

I was wondering if the same happened to any of the other poor souls that live in an inspection state, or if you've had any other experience of the Abarth drive cycle being particularly stubborn.

· Registered
116 Posts
"Drive cycle"?
Only problem I've had with inspections is that the readers won't work with my Abarth from anyplace other than the dealership. Tried 2 places before being forced to go back to my PITA Fiat shop.
Same issue perhaps?

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Drive cycle"?
Only problem I've had with inspections is that the readers won't work with my Abarth from anyplace other than the dealership. Tried 2 places before being forced to go back to my PITA Fiat shop.
Same issue perhaps?
Nope. The issue occurred at the dealership. I only drive the 500 on weekends, and rarely in the spirited manner it's supposed to be driven to complete a drive cycle. I'm quite inclined to agree with the tech that is the issue...

· Registered
7 Posts
My car is failing the inspection due to sensors not ready. The tech at the dealership thinks (and I agree) that the car's ECU must have been flashed at some point, which I guess would have happened during a service (maybe when that recall happened), and the drive cycle hasn't been completed yet. The exact same thing happened to me with a completely different car a couple of years ago, when i kept adding hundreds of miles, even trying to follow their OBD drive cycle instructions, with no effect. In the end, I took that car to the track and whipped the **** out of it and that's what completed the drive cycle and let me pass the inspection.

I was wondering if the same happened to any of the other poor souls that live in an inspection state, or if you've had any other experience of the Abarth drive cycle being particularly stubborn.
HeyMan - this is happening to me now and my mechanic was telling me that I shouldn’t be driving pass 60 mph. Is that correct? I’ve been driving on the highways at 55mph. Please advise

1 - 6 of 6 Posts