Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
That reminds me, I need to finish the wiring harness for this. It's a fairly inexpensive lighting update, if you source everything separately.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I love those lights, but would have purchased the wiring harness. I look forward to your solution.

It's an old dude thing... fixing a simple electrical problem on a classic (back then, junker) car. Crawl under the dash and encounter 50' of tangled wires and splices wrapped in varieties of tape. It's OCD of me, but I'm bothered by tangles of wires all over a car.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I love those lights, but would have purchased the wiring harness. I look forward to your solution.

It's an old dude thing... fixing a simple electrical problem on a classic (back then, junker) car. Crawl under the dash and encounter 50' of tangled wires and splices wrapped in varieties of tape. It's OCD of me, but I'm bothered by tangles of wires all over a car.

I should have worded it different, its more of an adapter to the existing harness, using oem plugs that you can buy online. Nothing needs to be spliced. From what I gather, the companies selling the wiring adapter are charging so much($235), because they are including the led bulbs with the wiring. And they won't sell the wiring adapter separately.

The adapter itself is only about $30 in parts. And if one really wanted to use LEDs, you can just use LEDs with built-in resistors, instead of slicing in those resistors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts