Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the exhaust after ups screwed around forever..installed it yesterday, went on easy I justflared the stock pipe about 1/8" to match up to the larger abarth pipe. And added a hanger on the pass side..had to cut out the bumper on both sides to allow the tips clearance..future plans are for the magneti diffuser..pics..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Second pic is test fit..I used painters tape and a piece of pipe to scribe the circle then rough cut it w the dremel then finished w a round file to smooth it out

·
Registered
203 Posts
Finally got the exhaust after ups screwed around forever..installed it yesterday, went on easy I justflared the stock pipe about 1/8" to match up to the larger abarth pipe. And added a hanger on the pass side..had to cut out the bumper on both sides to allow the tips clearance..future plans are for the magneti diffuser..pics..

Your roof rack does not look safe.....Is it the lighting and camera angle that makes the anchors look like they do not fit right??? or did you use a rack from another car? Just wonderin.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it sticks out a bit more than I'd like which is why when I can afford the 500$ for the diffuser I'll put that on..rack is for the fiat 500. Def the angle..here's one w a custo basket I made for trips

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds a little bit more mild than a stock abarth. I'm assuming due to a different mid pipe resonator (amongst other obvious things..ie turbo) but I'm doing a custom cat back section..I'll post sound clips as soon as I get a chance..for those who don't like it please don't post it's not your car and nobody said you have to do it to yours. I like it the sound is what all euro cars should have factory, and being I'm a huge vw guy I've always liked the oem+ theme so I'd rather experiment and modify w oem parts whenever available. I'll never post anything negative on someone else's post so pls don't b negative on mine.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I think it is a cool mod. I'd love to hear how it sounds!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Come on now, A little criticism doesn't hurt....
But I LIKE IT! :D I considered it on mine. Eventually I will get an exhaust.
I'd prefer dual exhausts but the pop's bumper really wasn't made for that.

So my question is in regards to the cut bumper....
Did you apply anything to seal the cut edge to protect from future chipping/cracks?
Small amout of clear, tape edge, nylon rub strip....

And Will the heat from the metal melt/warp the plastic or paint??
The metal tips looks to sit right on or very close to the plastic.
Maybe a nylon strip could help absorb some of the heat if it looks to warp or melt.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The tips are really really close to the bumper. I just got home from driving around all day and if you look at the tips the inner is actually the exhaust but the outer 4" part doesn't get really hot. Not icy cold but nowhere near the inner pipe. I have some touch up paint to put on where I cut but no I don't fear chipping as its a urethane bumper and there is a flex additive to the paint from factory plus I'm gonna eventually cover it up w a diffuser similar to the abarth stock one

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
SOUND!! how
do people
constantly miss the
most important part of a post.

Rule #1 If you get something new post a pic!

Rule #2 If it's something you can hear post. pic and a clip!!

Rule #3 If you are not prepared to follow rules 1 & 2. Don't post!!!

lol!

but seriously.......

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Registered
108 Posts
OP, you're my newest hero. Gutsy move on that install. I'd do that in a heartbeat if I hadn't leased. Can't wait to see you work the Abarth diffuser into the install.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^thanks..nothing gets the blood pumping faster than taking a dremel to a brand new car lol...I'll get sound clips tomorrow

1 - 20 of 51 Posts