Fiat 500 Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
@ geeded, no fun roads here near Fort Bragg, I probably will try to or at least I hope to make it to the mountains this fall for a few days.
Let me know when you're coming and I'll send you a few suggestions:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
So far as the Abarth coming in "limited colors" I expect that's likely. In the UK it's only available in 5 colors (and I really hope they rethink them for the US market), so I doubt we'll see the same 14 colors as the regular 500.

·
Registered
225 Posts
So far as the Abarth coming in "limited colors" I expect that's likely. In the UK it's only available in 5 colors (and I really hope they rethink them for the US market), so I doubt we'll see the same 14 colors as the regular 500.
As long as it comes in pearl white, I'm good....with red mirrors and red leather.... almost a cliche but I LOVE that combo.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went to our dealer this weekend. They also said it will be limited production. They are only getting 5-6. I am lucky and am first in line but I haven't signed a contract or put any money down. I was going to wait until the LA auto show or if he call me with info they get ahead of time. He didn't have any clue on the price or total production.

·
Registered
27 Posts
went to the new FIAT studio here in Maple Ridge they said the new Abarth will be about 150 hp due first quarter and will retail around 30 here in Canada. Just saying what the owner told me...don't jump on me.

·
Registered
222 Posts
If it truly will have limited color options, have only 150 hp, and cost $30 or so (allowing for conversion from loonies and toonies), it certainly will be a limited production model, though not in the way that Fiat wants it to be.

A Mini would make a **** of a lot more sense at that point, even given the awful ergonomics and questionable reliability (which really don't know about yet on the US Fiat, honestly).

·
Registered
225 Posts
From reading between the lines over at FIAT500USA.com, the moderator who has extremely good connections has stated (but not directly) that the NA Abarth will have more power than either the standard Euro A500 or the esseesse version. That means 170-180 HP & will be available with a standard manual transmission. I can live with that...:)

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
170-180 HP can't wait. The 500 will be a little bat out of ****. I hope its in the 25 grand range. Who really cares about fuel milage with this little car.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Now im thinkin it may just be another model in the line up.. I guess they are being made in mexico like the others....no limit on how many they make....mostly orders i would guess. may have one or two on the floor.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I think two big developments would help FIAT.
An Abarth and a 4x4.
4x4 is needed because customers want one, not because the 500 actually will have real problems in the snow.
The Abarth is needed for the male/enthusiast crowd.
So, one down one to go.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts