Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How did you know? :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Today I checked the vehicle order tracking system for Chrysler and it shows the Abarth in "Trim" status. I also checked the other Insight Logistics webpage and it now lists the Abarth as being in "Built- Pending Inspection (I)". The ship date has also changed on this page from 13 March to 15 March on rail from Toluca, MX with an updated arrival in MD of 29 March. Using both of these sites has helped me be able to keep pretty good track of where the build is and what the logistics involved are shaping up to be.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
awesome

·
Registered
471 Posts
That is very exciting!! Does anyone have an idea if this VOTS chrysler site can be used to track Abarths coming to Canada??? So far nothing showing up for my order

·
Registered
83 Posts
Are you in wave 1? My studio said I'm in wave two, but I wonder when they'll take our orders. Are they waiting for the first round to hit or ship? Anybody know?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
That is very exciting!! Does anyone have an idea if this VOTS chrysler site can be used to track Abarths coming to Canada??? So far nothing showing up for my order

Corrnaus: For vehicle orders being shipped to Canada, you could try contacting Canadian Customer Assistance at :

Phone (English): (800) 465-2001
Phone (French): (800) 387-9983
Hours of operation: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM (EST), Monday - Friday; 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (EST) Saturday

THEY WILL BE ABLE TO TRACK YOUR ORDER; ALL THEY WILL NEED IS YOUR VON.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've purchased what was the demo from my studio so I'm either in wave 1 or before that. Its out of trim now according the to the VOTS page and into "Final Inspection". Next is "Shipment" and I'm hoping it gets there soon!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had an idea that FiatCares would have that info! Kudos!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I had an idea that FiatCares would have that info! Kudos!
Abarth01:

No prob at all.. in total a vehicle order, from inception to delivery should take anywhere from 4-12 weeks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This tracking feature is great...it adds to the excitement. My Abarth is "Production Scheduled".

·
Registered
83 Posts
FiatCares, do you know if they'll wait for the delivery of the current orders before taking orders for the second round? My dealership put in the first four people's orders in at the beginning of March. I'm #8 on the list and said I'll be able to put in my order on the next round. Just trying to guess when that is because they have no clue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
FiatCares - what does it mean if you have already received a VON placed with the 3/7 orders, but the vehicle tracking page indicates no information is available? Could it mean that the the car will still arrive with the first allotment or is it more likely to arrive with the 2nd? I have received no info from my Studio...

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
FiatCares - what does it mean if you have already received a VON placed with the 3/7 orders, but the vehicle tracking page indicates no information is available? Could it mean that the the car will still arrive with the first allotment or is it more likely to arrive with the 2nd? I have received no info from my Studio...

Abarth Al:

If there is no information yet on a VON, it most likely has not been scheduled for build. Dont panic, this is quite normal. A typical order takes 4-16 weeks (especially from Mexico). The vehicle tracking page may not have as specific information as my systems. If you wouldn't mind, please PM me with the VON and model (family line) of your order. I can get up to date information for you. Once it is scheduled for build, and past D1 stage (no changes to order can be made) it will publish a ship date.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
FiatCares, do you know if they'll wait for the delivery of the current orders before taking orders for the second round? My dealership put in the first four people's orders in at the beginning of March. I'm #8 on the list and said I'll be able to put in my order on the next round. Just trying to guess when that is because they have no clue.
Ciaobella:

Not really sure, it all depends on dealer allocation, which is specific to each studio, and I am not privy to that information. As a frame of reference, an order from Mexico can take 4-16 weeks from inception to delivery. I would just place the order when they allow you or find another studio that may have your order allocated and available for process now.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Corrnaus: For vehicle orders being shipped to Canada, you could try contacting Canadian Customer Assistance at :

Phone (English): (800) 465-2001
Phone (French): (800) 387-9983
Hours of operation: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM (EST), Monday - Friday; 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (EST) Saturday

THEY WILL BE ABLE TO TRACK YOUR ORDER; ALL THEY WILL NEED IS YOUR VON.
Thanks for the quick first response

I called Chrysler Canada and I got they told me that only once I had the VIN could they give me information on the car.. The VON can only be looked up by the dealer...???

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks like my Abarth has been completed and passed final inspection and is headed to storage as of this afternoon. Hoping it will ship next week on the train out of Toluca toward Laredo. Here is the actual text from the page:

Vehicle Movement Information
Route MovementsEvent DateLocation
Completed
Adv Shp Notice - Pre-release02/07/2012 06:41 AM CSTToluca Assembly, EM
Scheduled for Build (D1)02/29/2012 06:40 AM CSTToluca Assembly, EM
Built - Pending Inspection (I)03/14/2012 10:12 AM CDTToluca Assembly, EM
Carrier Can Put On Hold03/17/2012 11:39 PM CDTN/A
Vehicle Built (J)03/18/2012 12:17 AM CDTToluca Assembly, EM
In Bay At Facility03/18/2012 12:39 AM CDTToluca Assembly, EM