Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read this on "another" forum, keep an eye out for it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Based on the TV ad and the buzz (Kimmell and Leno appearances) it is clear that Fiat has a very specific demographic that they are targeting. Say "hello" 30-something urban males, you are in the crosshairs.

·
Registered
222 Posts
While that's true, it will probably end up like the Mini, where you see many empty nesters entering the fold, most of whom would like to think they're younger than they are (being 45, I should start thinking that way myself). With the population aging, that's a big block anyway these days.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I recorded it last night so I could scan through it today. He opened the show talking about the car and they did a short bit using it. He called it, "an Italian sports car."

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot about it, lol.

·
Registered
225 Posts
While that's true, it will probably end up like the Mini, where you see many empty nesters entering the fold, most of whom would like to think they're younger than they are (being 45, I should start thinking that way myself). With the population aging, that's a big block anyway these days.
OR, we are fine with how old we are and just like to drive exciting cars, among other things...AND have no trouble affording several... One of the perks of being "older".

Oh, saw the bit. It was pretty lame.... even to an old guy.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
I believe the Abarth is a sports model. If it isn't, they're not doing their job. Any hack can tack on performance-like doo-dads, but Abarth is supposed to engineer actual enhanced performance. If I bought one, I would expect more than just 60 extra horses under the hood.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Given how much work/money people are putting into their normal 500s just to get another 10-15hp (if they're lucky), I think it's clear that they DID do quite a bit of engineering to get another 60 in there. This car is already a kick in the pants with 100-ish hp. adding 60%+ more will make it downright dangerous. I'd love to have one, but I think I'd end up shaking hands with a concrete wall if I did. :p

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Given how much work/money people are putting into their normal 500s just to get another 10-15hp (if they're lucky), I think it's clear that they DID do quite a bit of engineering to get another 60 in there. This car is already a kick in the pants with 100-ish hp. adding 60%+ more will make it downright dangerous. I'd love to have one, but I think I'd end up shaking hands with a concrete wall if I did. :p
What I'm sayin'. You can slap in a turbo and some other things to boost the horsepower. But performance is more than engine performance. They should be tuning the suspension, and other components to improve handling of the new-found power. Oh yeah, and how about more torque, and they can keep most of additional horses.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts