Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that if you log into the Costco.com website and use their car buying service feature, you can build out and price a Fiat 500 Abarth with both Invoice and MSRP pricing.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I love buying through Costco, but the trick will be finding a dealer, at least initially, who isn't excluding the Abarth from their Costco program..

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
I think the generally advertised price is around 22-something thousand. I don't see the advantage of buying from Costco. They do have a great deal on toilet paper this week...

·
Registered
117 Posts
On the car above you'd save about $800 buying through Costco. The normal deal is dealer invoice +$250. You are also still entitled to all manufacturer incentives.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
No one in my area is doing the Costco program....

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
If you move up from a Fiat to Abarth, VW to Audi, or a Honda to Acura, etc., and commit to paying several thousand more, that should be enough to get the goodies. Of course there are people with money to burn, and you have to get in on that (from the dealer's viewpoint). The pricing competition forces automakers to leave out the sunroof and other standard upscale items. But then the more options you add in, you approach a price that most people wouldn't want to pay that much if they were built in.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'll also kick in here that you may be hard put to find an Abarth on a dealer's lot that does not have the sunroof. It's a nice chunk of change for the dealer. For myself, I couldn't live with this, as I'm tall (6' 3") and built such that even with the driver's seat as low as it will go, my head is almost touching the roof. I tried a Sport with one and it was just too claustrophobic.

For a car like the Abarth, I'd be inclined to order (as the wife & I did with our Pop C) so that you can get EXACTLY what you want.

·
Registered
160 Posts
As I recall, when I sat in the example on display at the NE Auto show, I got the distinct impression that my head was not as close to the sunroof in the Abarth as it was in the Sport. My hair still brushed a bit if I sat up straight but if I relaxed it was fairly clear of the roof. I am well aware of the headroom issue as I had to change out from the PE I ordered to another in-stock car because I could not get comfortable with the sunroof at 6'2". There is a possibility that the shaping of the Abarth seats provides a slightly lower seating position. Of course this was a show mule and production models could be different. And your extra inch or so could continue to be an issue with the roof height.

I also agree its hard to believe a dealer would order one for the lot ( if they can order for stock at all) that does not have the roof since its a preferred option. With time, we might find one special ordered where the customer did not get a roof and cancelled. Like you, I prefer no roof-besides the height issue it's located too far back to add much ambience in my opinion. I would much rather have the fixed panoramic roof like the Lounge but alas, that will likely never be offerred.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I bought the stripes from ebay and had them professionally installed on my Sport for about $125 complete (can be had with or without the printing). The local body shop painted my MINI mirror caps for $60 as I recall, maybe less. For some, the convenience is worth paying the extra $165.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I think the generally advertised price is around 22-something thousand. I don't see the advantage of buying from Costco. They do have a great deal on toilet paper this week...
Well, that is handy if the car you are buying is a s*8!-box.

·
Registered
42 Posts
$350 for 2 decals and 2 plastic pop on mirror caps is "Bravo sierra" if you ask me.
I actually laughed out loud when I read this. I love how many accessories there are so owners can easily customize, but I think a lot of us (myself included) would be more inclined to buy these accessories if they were a little more reasonably priced. But I have to assume they've run the numbers and feel they have good price points for the projected number of owners willing to customize.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts