Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
HAHA I paid $3000 more than that. Go me!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I wonder what that will translate into for us Canadians..my guess is $24999 which by the time you add freight, PDI and taxes it will be around 27K..maybe we will get lucky though

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is going to make my decision more difficult. After the debut of the Veloster Turbo, I was leaning toward the Veloster Turbo since rumor had the Abarth and Veloster Turbo priced around 24-25K (Veloster Turbo price has not been anounced yet). At the same price point, I would have easily went with the Veloster Turbo and all the technology goodies (7' high-resolution nav, back-up camera, 400-watt dimension stereo, etc.), but now I'm back to square one.
I guess at the end, it will come down to the age-old pure test drive for me!
Good pricing FIAT!!!!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Zonian, what I found when looking at the Veloster (I cross-shopped this as well as few others in the class) is that in order to get the technology I'd want, the Veloster was getting very expensive very fast. Not sure if the Turbo Veloster is supposed to come better equipped in base form, but the lack of options/packages on the 500 is a good sign in terms of base equipment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Funny, I just went to fiatusa.com and they have the abarth starting at $22,700! So, what the real pricing? Destination charge on the 500's is $500, so I don't know where that extra $700 came from!
I'm slowly being pushed back towards the Veloster turbo!!!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Funny, I just went to fiatusa.com and they have the abarth starting at $22,700! So, what the real pricing? Destination charge on the 500's is $500, so I don't know where that extra $700 came from!
It is the destination charge for the Abarth. Vehicle price is $22,000.00 PLUS destination charge of $700.00.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

OMG! Don't buy a Hyundai, you'll regret it

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Doing the happy dance!!!!! All that is need is a reliabilty check and it's a done deal!

As far as Abarth vs. Veloster- Really?! Thats like compairing Selma Hayek to Rosie O'Donnell

·
Registered
475 Posts
I wonder what that will translate into for us Canadians..my guess is $24999 which by the time you add freight, PDI and taxes it will be around 27K..maybe we will get lucky though
Don't you guys still trade beaver pelts and strong whiskey for goods and services?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
they do. My last canadian hooker was paid with a bottle of Scope and something I shoveled off I-95

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
just compared the US 500 sport retail with canadian one and the difference is about $3 K so $22000 US= $25000 Cdn + taxes and fees = around $27300 CDN for a base abarth. Factor in all the mods id do ( coilovers, wheels, exhaust etc etc) i'd be sitting over $30 K easily..mmm I think at this point im going to just wait for 500 madness or someone to come out with a supercharger kit and i'll be set since i've already spend $2000 or so on mods for my prima.

Once the Abarths start landing and I see one in person I know i'll be jealous! but financially it doesnt make sense for me really to lose all that money on my prima to turn around and spend $30 K or whatever on a base abarth

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just got an e-mail from a very reliable source that the Canadian Abarth will be priced at $23,995.00 including a one day driving course. Not sure what that means. I am assuming that the destination charge is included. Also what does this mean on pricing on the POP, SPORT and Lounge? Are we going to see a pricing adjust more in line with the US? I sure hope so......tired of being screwed over by car companies in Canada.

·
Registered
475 Posts
they do. My last canadian hooker was paid with a bottle of Scope and something I shoveled off I-95
The things you can get a person to do for Scope and a handful of Skittles. Gotta luv that country...

...just kidding, Canada. I really do like it there.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Buy the Hyundai. If the extra $200 is a deal breaker for you on THIS car at such a low price point, this car is definitely not for you. You'll always whine about the sacrifices of driving such a small car, and not value what it's all about (namely, a baby Ferrarri!)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Are we going to see a pricing adjust more in line with the US? I sure hope so......tired of being screwed over by car companies in Canada.
C'mon, give Fiat a break no other car company comes remotely close to offering the same price points between Canada & USA as Fiat. The cars MSRP is about $500 more here. Although they are sticking it to us with a $1400 PDI fee (almost triple the US) and on certain options. We also don't get service included on our warranties. So, yes you can complain about those things, but before you do check out the price discrepancy on a Mini.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry Kzod at some point the pricing differences have to stop. Why can't Fiat/Chrysler be the FIRST company to offer same pricing in Canada and in the USA with the same warranties? Eastern Canada has embraced the 500 more than other states in the US.........the third largest market for the 500 in North America. Enough is enough.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts