Fiat 500 Forum banner

Abarth Pricing Set

9K views 47 replies 24 participants last post by  geeded 
#1 ·
#5 ·
This is going to make my decision more difficult. After the debut of the Veloster Turbo, I was leaning toward the Veloster Turbo since rumor had the Abarth and Veloster Turbo priced around 24-25K (Veloster Turbo price has not been anounced yet). At the same price point, I would have easily went with the Veloster Turbo and all the technology goodies (7' high-resolution nav, back-up camera, 400-watt dimension stereo, etc.), but now I'm back to square one.
I guess at the end, it will come down to the age-old pure test drive for me!
Good pricing FIAT!!!!!

#6 ·
Zonian, what I found when looking at the Veloster (I cross-shopped this as well as few others in the class) is that in order to get the technology I'd want, the Veloster was getting very expensive very fast. Not sure if the Turbo Veloster is supposed to come better equipped in base form, but the lack of options/packages on the 500 is a good sign in terms of base equipment.

#9 ·
It is the destination charge for the Abarth. Vehicle price is $22,000.00 PLUS destination charge of $700.00.

#11 ·
Doing the happy dance!!!!! All that is need is a reliabilty check and it's a done deal!

As far as Abarth vs. Veloster- Really?! Thats like compairing Selma Hayek to Rosie O'Donnell

#14 ·
just compared the US 500 sport retail with canadian one and the difference is about $3 K so $22000 US= $25000 Cdn + taxes and fees = around $27300 CDN for a base abarth. Factor in all the mods id do ( coilovers, wheels, exhaust etc etc) i'd be sitting over $30 K easily..mmm I think at this point im going to just wait for 500 madness or someone to come out with a supercharger kit and i'll be set since i've already spend $2000 or so on mods for my prima.

Once the Abarths start landing and I see one in person I know i'll be jealous! but financially it doesnt make sense for me really to lose all that money on my prima to turn around and spend $30 K or whatever on a base abarth

#15 ·
I just got an e-mail from a very reliable source that the Canadian Abarth will be priced at $23,995.00 including a one day driving course. Not sure what that means. I am assuming that the destination charge is included. Also what does this mean on pricing on the POP, SPORT and Lounge? Are we going to see a pricing adjust more in line with the US? I sure hope so......tired of being screwed over by car companies in Canada.

#18 ·
Are we going to see a pricing adjust more in line with the US? I sure hope so......tired of being screwed over by car companies in Canada.
C'mon, give Fiat a break no other car company comes remotely close to offering the same price points between Canada & USA as Fiat. The cars MSRP is about $500 more here. Although they are sticking it to us with a $1400 PDI fee (almost triple the US) and on certain options. We also don't get service included on our warranties. So, yes you can complain about those things, but before you do check out the price discrepancy on a Mini.

#19 ·
Sorry Kzod at some point the pricing differences have to stop. Why can't Fiat/Chrysler be the FIRST company to offer same pricing in Canada and in the USA with the same warranties? Eastern Canada has embraced the 500 more than other states in the US.........the third largest market for the 500 in North America. Enough is enough.

#22 ·
Can't wait to see J Lo drifting her Abarth through LA, I mean NYC. :)

That's very good news about pricing, I have to say that I'm shocked that it's so low, I was expecting higher. If only you could get them to ship it from Mexico to Italy for Euro delivery, I'd be set for my summer trip this year.

#28 · (Edited)
My dealer called this afternoon and and stated that the Abarth would be $22,700 as stated earlier in this thread. He indicated that all Abarths would have to be ordered. A $99.00 deposite will be required but that deposite can be refunded when the car arrives if you decide you don't want it. I had previously asked if Pearl White was available on the Abarth and today he confirmed that it was. I think $22,700 is reasonable as an optioned up Sport could easily amount to that much. Looks like there may be a 3rd Fiat in my future.

Jim

#30 ·
Hmmm, well looking at the Fiat Canada offficial site, I can see the Abarth standard features that will be offered (minus the Canadian price). Like most other 500's, it's pretty well equipped. It even comes with Bose audio as standard. To be honest, aside from maybe the 17-inch wheels and heated seats, I'll be pretty happy with a standard Abarth without any options.

You can see the full list of standard/option features here: http://www.fiatcanada.com/car/abarth/?page=abarthcars&section=500

#31 ·
If I had waited for an Abarth and speced it similar to my Sport (assuming package prices are about the same) I would have been upwards of 25 grand - easily adding $100 a month or more to my payment. As much as I would have preferred the Abarth - it just doesn't make financial sense for me right now.

(COUGH) I said "right now". ;)

#32 ·
If I had waited for an Abarth and speced it similar to my Sport (assuming package prices are about the same) I would have been upwards of 25 grand - easily adding $100 a month or more to my payment. As much as I would have preferred the Abarth - it just doesn't make financial sense for me right now. (COUGH) I said "right now". ;)
Basically how I see it and feel about the whole thing as well. Pretty cool if I could but I really can't justify the loss.

#34 ·
Yeah it is hard to justify the loss in trading in a sport. I work at a vw dealer so I get
Great deals on used stuff we get in.we have a 09 BMW 128i fully loaded that if I traded
My 500 in I'd only be financing 27 ish cdn so if I do get rid of my prima to get something
With more performance I may have to jump ship entirely.
That being said, whenever I get into my prima and drive it that desire to trade it In goes
Away.

#37 ·
Doesn't look like I'll be getting an Abarth anytime soon. My studio already has over 30 deposits
They've got to be feeling like Sally Field right now. :) Still, there's no reason you can't get one, is there? It's my understanding that they'll make all the cars ordered, they just aren't doing a full production run where you'd have them sitting on lots. And odds are good a lot of the people placing orders now will cancel, and some will come to market when some knuckleheads try to flip them thinking someone will pay extra (ala BMW 1-series or early Dodge Challenger).

#39 ·
My dealer, who has been great up to this point, broke their long standing committment to me to hold the first order for me with no deposit is now requiring a $1,000 non-refundable deposit. That just is not going to happen. New dealer needed now.

#45 ·
My better half says she does but I'm terrible with faces. We'll also be going to HelenBlitz Feb 17-19. Will you be going? That's in Helen, Ga (but I'm sure you know that). No chance for the Abarth by then but we'll definitely have the MINI.

Cheers

#46 ·
Atlanta Minis is going to Helenblitz but we're probably not... ...but with you going, maybe.
The MINI community has been the only one outwardly hostile to the 500 that I've encountered. I've gotten my share of j.lo cracks from my offroading friends but the A.M. crowd was downright nasty. So venomous that there's only a handful that I'll even socialize with now.
Think they feel threatened by the silly little car?

#47 ·
Atlanta Minis is going to Helenblitz but we're probably not... ...but with you going, maybe.
The MINI community has been the only one outwardly hostile to the 500 that I've encountered. I've gotten my share of j.lo cracks from my offroading friends but the A.M. crowd was downright nasty. So venomous that there's only a handful that I'll even socialize with now.
Think they feel threatened by the silly little car?
Thats odd, Because my MINI/ Mini club knows my interest in the Abarth and they know I am **** bent on never buying a new MINI again but are supportive and even like the Abarth. All so to remember back in the day ol' John and Carlo where like Metro Man and Megamind (sorry, I have kids).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.