Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been toying with the idea of a center exhaust. If I go that route I will want to patch the two exits already in it and cut the center mesh out. Does anyone have any idea about how to patch that plastic?

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
There was a recent post on another forum of a center exiting exhaust with the mesh removed. It looks good and it isn't very common so that's always nice to have a unique look.

As to patching it I'd think you'd just want to use plastic bonding adhesive. Where would you source the covering or filling material is the question and concern I'd be focused on. If you were alright with a mesh look on the original exit area then you could easily use gutter guard mesh which is black plastic and cheap. Just a thought.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I've seen some photos of center exits, looks so good. But the gaps for the old exhausts get to the OCD part of me. They sell ABS sheets, I guess just do that with the plastic adhesive and then paint it or wrap it.

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Yeah, I've seen some photos of center exits, looks so good. But the gaps for the old exhausts get to the OCD part of me. They sell ABS sheets, I guess just do that with the plastic adhesive and then paint it or wrap it.
I mentioned the mesh since if it isn't done right you'll create pockets that catch dirt and air, neither would be a good thing. It'll be interesting to see what you come up with in the end.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm having this same debate, and wondered if someone made a plastic replacement valence that looked like or had the same texture as OEM, I don't want a carbon fiber piece but would love to build the center exhaust...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I believe I'm going to attempt something this weekend with mine, same deal, will be changing to a center dump arrangement. I think it's gonna be cool, we'll see!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts