Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered my Abarth with the 17" Forged rims because I like the look of them even though I have a set of Black Enkei PF01 Rims for my current 500. Also, I figured that being forged they are stronger and lighter than the Enkei's which are cast rims. However, now I find out that the Abarth 17" Forged Rims are just over 18lbs meanwhile my Enkei's are 15.5lbs which would be a benefit in the unsprung weight department.

Which would be the better rim? The lighter rim even though it's cast or is forged still better?

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you plan on tracking the car I would go with the forged wheel despite the weight. The inherent strength of a forged wheel takes the abuse of track duty in stride. Otherwise, I would personally opt for a lighter wheel if it were my daily driver. In past experiences, a light wheel really made handling come alive and acceleration more "snappy". I am sure a lighter wheel also reduces stress on many of the suspension and drive train parts.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response Fazzster. I'l definitely be looking into tracking the car so it looks like I'm covered on both fronts then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts