Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to have the car default to sport mode.....tired of having to push the button before driving.:D:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is there a way to have the car default to sport mode.....tired of having to push the button before driving.:D:D
You could do this easily with an Arduino nano. When the board receives power, start a timer to wait 10s then power a relay/SSR connected across the button terminals for 1/4s to simulate the button press.

I've thought about doing this myself.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Madness once had an "always on" button, but I guess they don't have that any more. I heard it worked most of the time. I do have the same problem, it's such a pain to having to press it every time! Here's the thought though - I think, if we can get in to the base system, we can change those parameters. VAG people do that sort of thing all the time, right? You could technically even change the power assist ratio for the steering and stuff, too. I've just never seen the software/hardware available for Fiat, unfortunately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used a relay to turn off the OD button in my jeep on startup.

Like this:
It was done with a delay momentary relay. Once the engine was started, and after a programmable delay, the relay would close momentarily. It would be the same as if you hit the O/D OFF button after engine start. The relay was wired in parallel with the regular switch, so the normal function was preserved.

Should work the same for a sport mode button. If someone does it, make a right up an post it.

Here's a vid explaining how they work:
Put this at the end of youtube dot com /watch?v=QYw8nsU_YX0

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got used to it, its part of my start up routine

I also turn off the ESC and turn on my foglights and my bluetooth dongle, so im pressing like 4, sometimes 6 buttons depending on what i left my radio on last, and if i want my window, or both windows down,

gives me something to do while i wait for the engine to warm up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts