Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I got them for a VERY good price...But I am in England so there are quite a few Abarth 500's here.

There is a set of seats on ebay in the UK for £500, thats about $800 plus shipping.
The steering wheel is about £500 again on ebay but that won't fit the American version

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
Doesn't look like it has climate control, heated seats, or the upgrade Bose Sirius sound system. Wonder what the price is? Is that a 5 or 6 transmission. Where was this vehicle located?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Makes me want to trade in my Audi.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Regarding the tranny, that COULD be a Euro model. There are other pictures of a what is probably the same car (red, no stripe, esseesse wheels, M plates) also in Detroit with the Euro hatch door (note license plate holes), so maybe they just took that same Euro Abarth and swapped a US hatch door. Or maybe I'm reaching here, still hoping for a 6-speed :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
And the fuel filler is in the same place as the American version..It is more forward than the euro version...It is 100% not a euro version.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Doesn't look like it has climate control, heated seats, or the upgrade Bose Sirius sound system. Wonder what the price is? Is that a 5 or 6 transmission. Where was this vehicle located?
It is the US Version. If look close at the first pic's posted in this thread you will see it's not like the euro version posted above. It's in Michigan.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Looks like this will be the "bare bones" model. Cloth seats, no ATC, no premium sound system. Now I wonder how much it will cost.

·
Registered
176 Posts
It is the US Version. If look close at the first pic's posted in this thread you will see it's not like the euro version posted above. It's in Michigan.
That Euro one is in Michigan too, also with M plates (according to the photographer). That's why I thought it COULD be the same car. But as pointed out there are a lot more differences than just the hatch, so... looks like we got a glimpse of the US Abarth :cool:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Looks like this will be the "bare bones" model. Cloth seats, no ATC, no premium sound system. Now I wonder how much it will cost.
thats how I would want it. The abarth makes me wonder though..I dont really like the wheels, the brakes are still small, there is chrome every where on it which I hate and it needs to be lowered . So for me all that it has over the stock 500 is a turbo kit. If i do trade or sell my 500 then i'd lose a ton of money and be upside down on my load so I may as well just spend the $3500 or whatever that it will cost to get an aftermarket supercharger kit since I much prefer that over a turbo. Not to mention I have a Prima which is kind of cool ( to me) And plus 170 HP (or more) in a tiny car with small brakes isnt really going to be all that fun for city driving.
thats my reasoning anyways.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I sure hope we get more colour options than the EU spec Abarth.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts