Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[h=1]Fiat 500 Abarth Venom and supermodel Catrinel Menghia: video[/h]
http://www.examiner.com/cars-in-denver/fiat-500-abarth-venom-and-supermodel-catrinel-menghia-video

Searched and could not find any mention of this video or the "Venom."

Excerpt...."Oy vey is she a looker. I’m talking about the stealthy FIAT 500 Abarth “Venom” this time. This is a 200+ horsepower monster version of the FIAT 500 Abarth. This is kind of like a “Skunkworks” version that will never full go into production.

Or will it?
The brain trust at FIAT made it abundantly clear that the 500 options bin would have lots of “go-fast” toys, the same way Mopar (now a cousin division) has nifty, factory-backed parts for Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep.
You know - I didn't know until this trip to Las Vegas (we were kindly invited by FIAT) that pasties were made for men too. Odd. So - YES - they make pasties for men AND lots of cool kit for the 500 and 500 Abarth.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Interesting.

And another ad campaign plea to Fiat:
The video with Catrinel was very cute - every guy in the room and even the gal, transfixed. Beyond the supermodel looks, she has a likeable presence with both men and women. Fiat, all you need for your ad campaigns are THE CAR and Catrinel if you must have a "face" to go along (PLEASE forget about hiring sell outs and has beens, as in your other commercials, it just makes you look bad).

·
Registered
606 Posts
ery cute - every guy in the room and even the gal, transfixed. Beyond the supermodel looks, she has a likeable presence with both men and women. Fiat, Interesting.

And another ad campaign plea to Fiat:
The video with Catrinel was vall you need for your ad campaigns are THE CAR and Catrinel if you must have a "face" to go along (PLEASE forget about hiring sell outs and has beens, as in your other commercials, it just makes you look bad).
Hi,

I don't want to hijack this thread or anything, but I just wanted to make one comment and then I'll be done. In general I too think Ms. Menghia is an attractive young woman, but to be honest, part of me wants to say that I really don't want to see her in another Fiat ad.

Its nothing personal against her at all. Its just after all the complaints and discussion about the J-Lo ads and other such things, I find that I don't really care about "who" the actor or actress is in an ad, "what" it was that they were actually saying. or "what" they actually drive in real life etc.

I am however interested in what the ad is supposed to be about - the car.

To me every time I see a post or a link about "who was that in that ad" or "what did she really say" I can't help but feel that either;

(a) its just some gimmick or trick by an advertising agency to try and build false buzz about something in a commercial other than what the commercial should really be about - the car, or

(b) its really just some lame trick to get you to click on something so that they can track your personal information for advertising and demographics purposes.

Either way, I'm not interested.

To me I want to find out about the product and I don't really car so much about this other stuff. If other people are interested though that's fine with me too.

I just wanted to make the point that not everyone really cares so much about trying to add some sort of "spin" or false "buzz' to a commercial, and instead are much more interested in the product.

Pat

PS. I had my say & I promise to be quiet about that now.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Make it stop......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts