Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would be very surprised if MOPAR will not be selling upgrades in the U.S. in the future for the U.S. spec Abarth. Although they say they won't be right now, once sales begin and the numbers increase, others will fill that gap. MOPAR will lose out on the opportunity and I just don't see them doing that. THM Motorsports in Northern Ireland, UK is already offering an upgrade for the U.S. spec Abarth to bring it to 210HP which includes suspension and brake mods as well. Its expensive though at around $4500.00

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THM Motorsports in Northern Ireland, UK is already offering an upgrade for the U.S. spec Abarth to bring it to 210HP which includes suspension and brake mods as well. Its expensive though at around $4500.00
Expensive? An extra 50HP, Brakes and Suspension for that price? SOLD!! I used to own an RX-8 and just a turbo kit would have cost me $5000-$8000 depending on which I chose and I don't even think it was a 50HP gain from what I recall.

I agree with you though, I can't see Mopar missing the boat on this later down the road and it would sell well if they can get this stuff under warranty.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Expensive? An extra 50HP, Brakes and Suspension for that price? SOLD!! I used to own an RX-8 and just a turbo kit would have cost me $5000-$8000 depending on which I chose and I don't even think it was a 50HP gain from what I recall.

I agree with you though, I can't see Mopar missing the boat on this later down the road and it would sell well if they can get this stuff under warranty.
It'll be a nice treat down the line, when you reach the stage where you'd like a little something more. ;)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Is the carbon fiber hood one of them? Apparently it shaves 200lbs off the car which would be nice.
I think I saw the article you are referring to. Are you certain it's not all the various CF parts on the Venom that collectively shave off the 200lbs? That seems awfully heavy for a hood, especially considering I'm currently driving a larger vehicle in relative comparison to the 500, and the stock hood only weighs 30lbs. Should be interested to get some confirmed numbers and the weight reduction savings for each component. :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I saw the article you are referring to. Are you certain it's not all the various CF parts on the Venom that collectively shave off the 200lbs? That seems awfully heavy for a hood, especially considering I'm currently driving a larger vehicle in relative comparison to the 500, and the stock hood only weighs 30lbs. Should be interested to get some confirmed numbers and the weight reduction savings for each component. :)
Yea, I think you're right. Hood, rear spoiler and even mirrors I guess but I can't recall if there was anything else. Still, even if it's collective 200 lbs is a pretty good drop in weight for the Abarth that I would be interested in.

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I was reading somewhere else that Magnetti Marrelli will be producing aftermarket items such as those made for the Abarth Venom demonstrator and MOPAR will allow them for sale here in the U.S. through vendors like 500Madness. That would be what I expected. As Madness indicated earlier, they are working on some good stuff for the Abarth aftermarket.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also Fiat500usa.com has a whole article on the team up that mopar and Magneti Marelli are doing.. Very excited for so many customizable options for the Abarth
Man those seats look so sweet! Looks like we are going to be having some fun.

·
Vendor
730 Posts
Is the carbon fiber hood one of them? Apparently it shaves 200lbs off the car which would be nice.
Yes!

We already stock the mirrors, dash, the brake rotors and the wheels.

·
Vendor
730 Posts
I was reading somewhere else that Magnetti Marrelli will be producing aftermarket items such as those made for the Abarth Venom demonstrator and MOPAR will allow them for sale here in the U.S. through vendors like 500Madness. That would be what I expected. As Madness indicated earlier, they are working on some good stuff for the Abarth aftermarket.
Unfortunately Mopar and us do not work together. We would like to have a great relationship with them, but as of today we have not been able to establish it.

Due to this we import directly from Europe and have a number of suppliers that we work with. The parts that were shown on the Venom are being supplied to us from several European partners.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ahhh....got it. Hopefully MOPAR will indeed "see the light" and work with you guys!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I believe the 200 pound figure comes from the article posted online that reads, "The biggest change is in the Fiat’s weight. Magnetti Marelli (and Mopar) installed a carbon fiber hood, mirrors, and front splitter. The dashboard trim and seats also got a carbon makeover. As a result,the car lost 200 pounds, bringing its weight down to around 2300." So that is total weight shed not the weight of the hood alone. Here is where I pulled that info from:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/fiat-abarth-venom-fiats-retro-hatchback-reveals-its-dark-side/

·
Registered
650 Posts
I believe the 200 pound figure comes from the article posted online that reads, "The biggest change is in the Fiat’s weight. Magnetti Marelli (and Mopar) installed a carbon fiber hood, mirrors, and front splitter. The dashboard trim and seats also got a carbon makeover. As a result,the car lost 200 pounds, bringing its weight down to around 2300." So that is total weight shed not the weight of the hood alone. Here is where I pulled that info from:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/fiat-abarth-venom-fiats-retro-hatchback-reveals-its-dark-side/
There it is. Why do I have a feeling the seats are one of the largest factors?

·
Vendor
730 Posts
Ahhh....got it. Hopefully MOPAR will indeed "see the light" and work with you guys!
We would hope for the same. I think the hurdle is that we are not a FIAT/Chrysler Franchise Dealership.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.